Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 And These Things Do Please Me Well ..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic And These Things Do Please Me Well .. Next Topic
Page: of 3

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  10:30:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie, I have way to many to display. But I use them a lot. My favorite is a red speckled one with white. And I have my mothers aluminum one which I love. But mostly just old collanders! Along with my red and white kitchen! Also I love pin cushions!

Just too many things to collect!

enjoy, farmgirl hugs, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile
BB .. I LOVED HEARING ABOUT ALL YOUR CRITTERS!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  6:38:11 PM  Show Profile
NANCE .. i get great joy from 'bird-watching' too. haven't gone so far yet to find out most of their different 'species' .. but i'm looking for the red cardinals to appear any day now!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  6:42:54 PM  Show Profile
jonni .. do most of your bird post cards say things like 'merry christmas' or 'happy new year' .. or 'joyous easter' ... most of mine are 'holiday cards'

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  6:44:31 PM  Show Profile
gloria .. do you have 'rafters' in your kitchen that you can hang them from? they would look great 'nestled' inside each other on a shelf too!

oh lordy! i do love pincushions (make-do's) too!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  1:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, don't red cardinals just look like 'the ultimate' against a backdrop of snow covered branches? No snow here (yet, please, please please, Mr. Weatherman) but the cardinals, chickadees, wrens, sparrows,thrashers,etc. are vying for the seeds on the front porch feeder nowadays, along with the errant squirrel whenever he gets a chance! Back when I was enthusiastically cataloging every species I could in Massachusetts, I would set the alarm clock for 5 a.m. and sit at the kitchen table with my pad, pencil, bird book and binoculars and wait for whoever came to breakfast. One afternoon, as the little birds were frolicking among the feeders, suddenly a hawk swooped in and pinned down a little bird. I banged on the window immediately and it spooked the hawk enough to fly off without his intended prey. The little bird shot off like a rocket after being freed, and when I looked at the spot where he'd been pinned down, a pile of you know what was left. Guess that encounter literally scared the **** out of him! For several minutes the air was so still, not a chirp or a peep outta anybody! Nance
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  11:09:31 PM  Show Profile
oh nance ..

cardinals in snow ...
and bluebirds in spring ...
these are the things ...
that make my heart sing ...

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  08:45:58 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, this is such a fun thread!
As an Obstetrics Nurse, I like to collect things related to babies. Kind of like a "busman's holiday," I guess, but I do love those babies! My main collection centers around antique/vintage birth announcements with storks. They are both colorful & amusing. (Intersting to read the backside, too.) I also enjoy collecting antique chocolate molds that are in the shape of babies. Not too many of those around, but some. It also combines my love of chocolate with babies - a little inside joke, you could say. I also have a small collection of antique figurines of storks & babies. Well, I think you get the picture.........
Melanie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic And These Things Do Please Me Well .. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page