True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  6:53:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girl Friends!
How is everyone tonight? We had a nice Thanksgiving. How about you all?
Just put up some Christmas Decorations today. Felt kind of strange though. We were all running around in our bare feet with the Christmas music playing. It was 70 degrees outside!
I bought the neatest book called the Apron Book. Have any of you read it?
Take Care and look forward to talking with you soon.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com

beckels
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

becky
warrington pa
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  7:26:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello Lindy - I should of starting decorating inside tonite but I watched some christmas movies instead with my cat and dad... But I did drag out the sleds and hung wreaths on them and I put a old pair of skis on my steps with a pair of ice skates on Sunday ...It is still a work in progress on the sled and the rest of the yard

Beckels

p.s. Thanksgiving was Wonderful!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2006 :  9:32:49 PM  Show Profile
hi lindy .. haven't seen the apron book yet .. who is the author? we have had grande weather here in ky too .. but i hear winter is right around the corner! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  02:30:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie,
The author is Ellyn Anne Geisel.
It is such a pretty book with so many pretty pictures and stories about aprons.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  04:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I received my book the other day - wonderful to sit and look at with a cup of coffee!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/BlueAppleFarm/
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  07:49:13 AM  Show Profile
Howdy, gals. I have never heard about that book, but it sounds intriguing. It is unusually warm here in Virginia, too; almost 70 degrees today. I am itching to get going on the Christmas decorating, too, card sending, cooking and general hubbub but this warm weather does make it difficult to dive in. We'll get the tree this weekend and THAT will definitely kick me into high gear. Ya'll have a great day! Nance
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  09:37:38 AM  Show Profile
The Apron Book is wonderful! We had a tiny bit of cold (seasonal) weather here in upstate NY, but it's a balmy 50 again, with maybe 60 degrees later this week! I put up the holiday lights anyway - not only are they lovely to behold, but I can actually see my way to the front door on this dark nights!

Susan

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  12:46:04 PM  Show Profile
We had a great, warm Thanksgiving as well. Will be putting up Christmas deco this weekend.

I go the apron book a few weeks ago and have browsed. Waiting for winter to sit with coffee and read, then get motivated to sew!!!

Glad everyone had a great holiday!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 8 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  12:15:35 PM  Show Profile
I have never heard of that book but it sounds interesting! It's been hot here in Central Tx but tonight temps drop, I have been in a great mood to craft but not decorate yet, maybe this blast of cold air will put me in the mood.

Angi~4H Leader and Mom -Be Joyful Always 1 Thes. 5:18
http://www.etsy.com/your_shop.php MommaNMe gifts
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  7:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Ive seen it and have visited their website several times, but Im hoping Santa brings me a copy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  10:13:41 PM  Show Profile
We have lots of snow here and it really looks like Christmas at my house inside and out. It is freezing here! I have several Christmas trees up and lots of other vintage Christmas decor. It is so fun. Not to brag but it looks like a page right out of Country Living. I am like a child when it comes to Christmas.
Since my recent trip to the East coast and seeing all of the historical sights I got more inspired to decorate as they would have in the old days. They seemed to use lots of flags. So I put small flags in all of my trees, no matter what their theme. I also used psotcards I picked up on my trip. They are of George Washington, Abe Lincoln and Mry and Civil War Generals. It looks so very vintage. I love it! Very patriotic!
My fireplace has a Nativity and then churches and carolers on a blanket of snow with mini white lights underneath. A few bottle brush trees complete the scene.
Christmas is the best.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  10:32:00 AM  Show Profile
Hey Lindy,

I'm here in the middle of NC and really lovin' this warmer weather.

The rain last week has been alright, but here at the zoo it's been nothing but orange muck everywhere!

We'll be puttin' our tree up sometime next week.

Thanksgiving was good here too. My folks are in Pittsborogh, and my husband's are an hour further South. Both sets don't believe in the guilt trip.

After living in the desert for 5 years and Orlando, I sure was ready for a change of seasons. No matter the warm now, at least the trees are barer and the cold will be here soon enough

Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2006 :  4:57:21 PM  Show Profile
hi anna, can you tell me about Seagrove and towns ya know about around you. we are going to be downsizing in a year or so and some where in N.C IS were we want to check out.,we have 13 ac. in N.Jw/ cabin but prices just keep going up. please when ya get a chance drop me a few lines at my email. would be soooo thankful. randi
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hello Friends Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page