Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Connecting with other farm spouses/girlfriends
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Connecting with other farm spouses/girlfriends Next Topic  

pnwchica
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Suzy
WA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 18 2005 :  9:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Send pnwchica an AOL message
I've been very fortunate to be accepted into a small community where my beau's family has farmed since 1867. Many of the wives (I'm the 'friend') invite me to scrapbooking parties, crops, to have coffee, etc. I'm going to an all night scrapbooking crop in Pullman beginning Friday evening until Saturday night. I only know the one girl who invited me, but I look forward to making new friends. We share not the enjoyment of recording memories, but we share stories of what it is like being a farmer/rancher's. We share recipes, canning tips, and the wonderment of keeping our families traditions going.

Bless,
Suzy

Looking for new beef recipes, frugal & gardening tips, farmhouse remodeling & ez home recipes.

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 18 2005 :  11:44:54 PM  Show Profile
How fun . What a great idea
Robin In western wshington

" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 19 2005 :  09:22:26 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a place to invite others to join in the farmgirl chapter out your way!
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 20 2005 :  4:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Suzy
You may have HUGE chapter!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  09:23:44 AM  Show Profile
How was the crop?
Go to Top of Page

Nana Naomi
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Mary
Tyler, Texas TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  07:21:26 AM  Show Profile
Howdy!
I need help ! Tyler, Texas is a strange middlin' sized town. Luckily, there several smaller towns closeby. People here are a little too proud to even consider being called Farmgirls. How can I reach the outer areas to start a chapter? Any suggestions?
Actually, proud may not be the word. Tyler is a bit of the old south that got left behind. The first question that newcomers are asked is " Honey, what does your Daddy do?" I think that being connected to farming is a little too close to the family skeletons.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  07:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Nana- you live in Tyler? That is where my husband is from. He loved it there. Maybe it takes some getting used too.
Go to Top of Page

Nana Naomi
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Mary
Tyler, Texas TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  07:25:32 AM  Show Profile
Howdy, again!
I am so thrilled to find so many ladies who aren't afraid to swim upstream in this "modern" society!! I teach at a junior college and have to remind some students that "redneck" isn't a totally negative term. After all , necks get red from working outside! Nothin' wrong with that!
Go to Top of Page

Nana Naomi
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Mary
Tyler, Texas TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  07:29:03 AM  Show Profile
Howdy Catscharm!
I've only been here 15 years! I may never break into the upper crust, but that's not where I want to be anyway. I firmly believe in lighting candles! It's finny, but Jr. college seems to be my little bit of Heaven on Earth!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  07:37:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Mary! Welcome! I have a red neck right now and a good start on my Farmers Tan from being in the boat!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  8:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Where I live in North Florida, I have often been asked "And honey, who are your people?". It is a southern thing, but endearing in its own way. I love southerners.

jpbluesky

Heaven gives its glimpses only to those
Not in position to look too close.
from "A Passing Glimpse" by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  8:41:34 PM  Show Profile
I love that JP...

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2005 :  11:37:33 PM  Show Profile
I've always liked, "who are your people." I haven't heard that in a long time. It suggests more than belonging to a group, it suggests that there is a whole group of people that belong to you, which is a nice feeling.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Connecting with other farm spouses/girlfriends Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page