Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2015 :  4:02:12 PM  Show Profile
What kind of decorations do you use for Independence day? What do you do to celebrate?

grandmother and orphan farmgirl

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2015 :  4:06:22 PM  Show Profile
I love this question! I put out my "July 4th stuff" all summer. My shabby chic porch is done up in all red, white and blue, with a wicker chair, a rocker, and a table set. The table has a vintage red, white and blue tablecloth and my centerpiece is a white milk glass vase of flags. My planters have little flags in them. I have some patriotic wall hangings too. Inside I have a little red, white, and blue star covered bear, and little "firecrackers" my daughter made in kindergarten that I still set out. My fruit bowl is patriotic too. I will leave it all until after Labor Day, when I start putting out the fall accessories.

We usually just barbeque at home, usually just the three of us!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2015 :  4:13:56 PM  Show Profile
That sounds so inviting and cute. I love wicker. I have a wicker rocker in my sewing room. Thanks for sharing Nicole. Put a picture on your blog.

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2015 :  6:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, that sounds like just the prettiest picture! I have a tiny house, but 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays so I go all out. I use a bunting made from bandanas on my front porch along with a red white and blue garden flag, and a really cute little planter that looks like red white and blue cowboy boots. We always have flags in the yard, and I have a weathered wood sign on the back door. I have a neat Uncle Sam made from wooden spools that always decorates the table. If my daughter doesn't have to work we picnic at the town center, listen to the bands and watch fireworks.

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2015 :  8:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Amy, that's the spirit! Sounds like fun.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9382 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9382 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  09:15:02 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful ideas and I love the pictures these descriptions bring to my mind! I have already decorated my table with a new centerpiece. I start decorating for flag day and go right on until Labor Day. My son in laws birthday is July 4th. They don't live near so we don't get to celebrate with them but they usually come to visit right before Labor Day. Then I put it away on start working on Fall. I made my centerpiece early because my dd and granddaughters are flying in today and I wanted something that the little girls would enjoy seeing. I love to do my front porch up with patriotic decor also! And of course we fly our flag year round, weather permitting.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  09:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Nicole I would love to see a picture!! :D

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  6:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Me too, let's have a picture, Nicole!

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  08:20:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I used to decorate a lot, but haven't so much the past couple of years. My spirit is there, however!

We plan to go to Rico, Colorado, which is a small mountain mining town and enjoy their parade and poke around there. Then have a picnic lunch and check out a different campground for my daughter and I as we plan our glamping adventures for 2016. We could stay in Rico for the fireworks, which is fantastic, however, because my daughter and SIL have to go back to Phoenix the next day it'll be too late. We'll just sit on the deck and watch the ones in Cortez. We're about 5 miles north of town but with an elevation change and we can usually see them quite well!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  6:05:28 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay: That sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry about the fire works but travel does interrupt things. Our plans include supper with my sil. I'm going to use the cupcake decorations sent by Darlene, my 4th of July swap partner. I'm bringing the salad too. Should be fun to spend the evening with relatives. I'm sewing a few things for the holiday but I'm not sure they will be done by tomorrow. Happy Holiday everyone.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2015 :  2:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Trout Lake with our SIL, Jim, my daughter, Robin, my hubby, Bill, son, Jeremy and Bramble. This is MY part of the world . . . beautiful huh!

It was a fun day yesterday. We had a picnic by a nearby mountain lake, drove to a campground so Robin and I could look at it as a possibility for glamping next summer. By the time we left there it started raining and hailing (we were at 9000-10000 feet elevation)
Meandered on our way home, stopped by the first campground Robin and I glamped at a couple weeks ago and said "HI" to the campgrounds hosts . . . the "BEST CAMPGROUND HOSTS EVER". Left them a plate of homemade cookies!

Came home, putsed around, watched the 2nd Hobbit movie while we watched the fireworks in town from the front window . . then it started raining like crazy!

Said goodbye to my daughter this morning . . . waaaaaaa! She's on her way back to her home in the Phoexnix area today. Perhaps we'll see each other again in October, when she is on her Fall Break!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jul 05 2015 2:17:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2015 :  3:21:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ! What beautiful scenery! Sounds like a great celebration despite the rain.

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic July 4th Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page