Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Hearts, Hearts and More Hearts Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Hearts, Hearts and More Hearts Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 7

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  3:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
I emailed my address to Sarah and Sherry!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  6:14:11 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, I got your address - will be sending your heart very soon!

Gayle, I didn't receive your address yet, please send it when you have a chance so I can mail your heart.

Madeline - Oh my word!! I got my heart in the mail today!!!! WOW, thank you so much! I will try and post a photo, I absolutely love it. Thanks!

Alise, I emailed you my address today. :O)

What a fun swap! Thanks for hosting Brenda.

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  10:51:00 PM  Show Profile
That quilled heart is beautiful!

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  02:37:39 AM  Show Profile
Sarah & Sherry :-) WOW! they weren't supposed to arrive till today. The PO is on the ball LOL
I'm glad you like my attempts. I really enjoyed making them but I enjoyed stewing in my juices to come up with an idea, the best ;-)
I remembered to take pictures if you want me to post them.

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  06:37:32 AM  Show Profile
They were quick! And boy do I love my gift! :) I keep trying to post all the photos I took and they appear in the upload screen, but when I click "I'm Done" Nothing happens... any suggestions?

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  07:17:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, everyone, for your compliments on the paper quilled heart I made. I appreciate your kind words!

Sarah, I got your address, so will try to send your heart today. Also, Sarah, after you try up-loading a photo and hit "I'm Done", do you get a written "message" such as this?: [IMG]http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/... (The dots mean there would be much more info, but if I included my entire example here to show you, I'd also be posting the photo when I don't want to be!) You would see this text immediately after, or sometimes within the message you typed into the box, and even though it's long and weird, it can be easy to miss. That's your "photo" until you post your message. Maybe that will help?

Blessings to you on your life's journey.
Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  07:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I am very glad you like the heart, and I think a shadowbox frame would be perfect for it!

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  08:18:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello Y'all,

Beautiful! quilled heart Alise.

Glad all of you are enjoying this Swap. I have gotten kind of behind in my swaps. My son who hasn't been able to come home from the military for over 4 years was just here with his family. We had a great time!

I am working on my hearts and plan on mailing them soon.

Pictures, Pictures if possible. We all love to see each others creations. Gives us more to oooooooo! and aaaaaaaa! over.

If anyone is interested in doing this Swap again, would the months of September or October be good choices for the next one? I thought October because the holidays haven't really gotten into full swing. Or would September be better since all the kids will be back in school? Some feed back on this would be appreciated. I thought every month would be too often.

The same instructions would be used. I plan on one for February of course. Although for February the mail out would be soon enough to be enjoyed for Valentine's Day.

Happy Crafting and Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  08:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great to me, Brenda. Sept or Oct would be fine - I haven't signed for any those months except the wooden spool ornaments. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  09:13:53 AM  Show Profile
Brenda :-) A HUGE HUG sent your way. I know first hand how it feels to not see your children in years. My son was AF & I didn't even get to see him before he deployed & it had been 3 years :-(
I enjoyed this swap & most definitely would sign up for another, in the future. :-)

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  11:18:31 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Brenda that is just wonderful!! Enjoy your time!! <3

As for again, either month is fine for me. :)

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  1:49:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank You Portia for my sweet felt heart & goodies :-)
I already have it hanging in my office nook

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  2:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Very nice heart!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile
What a nice, cheerful, felted heart Portia! And a cool little office nook to put it up in, Madeline!

Brenda, how good for you to have been able to see your son! I would do another swap like this again. Both Sept. and October are usually busy for us, so you can pick whichever you like, lol, and we'll see if we can participate when the time comes:)

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  6:30:06 PM  Show Profile
Nice heart. I made a shabby chic heart banner for my oldest grand daughter's 18th birthday recently. I happened to glance up when I went in their house yesterday, and there above her door is the banner. That made me feel so warm inside. She is growing up and expressing herself in the decor of her room. We recently made Bo Ho string or rag curtains for her bed. They hang from the top rail. I thought it was a crazy idea, but it is actually quite cute. Everyone loves hearts.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  6:32:18 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, it is so much easier to upload your pictures from the single box above the Quick Reply message space at the bottom of the page.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7478 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7478 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  7:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I agree, Marilyn - though I don't have any problems with the other method either.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  02:12:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm not real tech savvy but I think there are two different ways to upload a picture, when you use the other posting option. The quick response has just the one.

Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  08:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Alise, thank you, but no, I don't see that. It brings up the upload screen, lets me browse to the photo then it gives me a preview where I can rotate or click done. When I click done that little window closes, but the text in the response box is missing. I thought maybe I just couldn't see it for some reason, but when I click Preview Reply, it tells me "There is nothing to preview." :(

Madeline, if you find out anything about another way to post photos, please let me know, I really want to share all these gorgeous items I have been getting from my fg sisters!

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  08:22:50 AM  Show Profile
Alicia, I am mailing your heart tomorrow! I hope you will enjoy it I had a great time putting it together for you!

Gayle, I have your heart all done, but haven't received your address yet. :)

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  08:36:36 AM  Show Profile
Alise, I am not "in" this swap; but, just had to check out this quilled heart I was reading about! Gorgeous!!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  12:13:50 PM  Show Profile
Portia, receiving my big, cheerful heart in the mail was like getting a big hug from you! It really made my day! Thanks for the tea (love tea!) and clothespin, too- I'm going to put a magnet on the back of it and stick it on the fridge to use there.

Judith, Thank you so much for your kind words! I love having the opportunity to quill and share it with others because it's a wonderful art form that is not all that well-known, and maybe it will inspire some others to try it, too.

Sarah, have you tried to post photos clicking on the icon above the Quick Reply message box at the bottom of the page like Marilyn and Linda suggested?- that's actually the process I was describing that I go through when I posted above.

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  11:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Maddie, I am so glad you liked your heart. I love working with felt!

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  11:11:03 AM  Show Profile
Alise, I am glad you liked your heart. I had fun making it.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  12:57:07 PM  Show Profile
I always feel a little behind, but Alicia and Portia your package is in the mail.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
https://www.jewelryincandles.com/store/brittanybuck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Hearts, Hearts and More Hearts Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page