Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 More benefits for the lowly bottle of vinegar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic More benefits for the lowly bottle of vinegar Next Topic  

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 17 2005 :  2:58:25 PM  Show Profile
If you have a really bad build up of soap scum in your tub, fill it with warm water and add 1 quart of white vinegar. (If you block the upper drain you can fill it fuller.) Let soak for a few hours and drain. Use baking soda on a cloth to scrub the tub and the soap scum comes right off. Add your shower curtain liner to the water, then wash with a load of towels for double duty. Clean and sparkling.

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - May 17 2005 :  5:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the cleaning tip. I use vinegar and baking soda all over my house but did not know about this.

I also wanted to add a line about ironing. Can't seem to find the posts where I read about this, but I know that there were several comments about "nobody ironing anymore." However, I must tell you that there is now a renewed interest in ironing as a sport!!!!
It is called something like "action ironing", and people actually iron on an ironing board while doing other things like riding on a skateboard etc if you can believe it!!!!!

As a librarian, I run across these fascinating tidbits all of the time.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  2:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Vinegar can also be run through a, electric coffeemaker to remove the deposits inside it.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2005 :  10:40:11 AM  Show Profile
If you use a dishwasher, white vinegar can be used in place of the Jet Dry rinse agent. Just fill the up with white vinegar.

Vinegar also makes a great fabric softener for clothes and helps remove the soap from them in the rinse water.

Kay

Proud Member of Farmgirls of North Clark County
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic More benefits for the lowly bottle of vinegar Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page