Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Fourth of July Dishcloth Swap PARTNERS POSTED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Fourth of July Dishcloth Swap PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic
Page: of 2

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  07:49:28 AM  Show Profile
Just back from the Post Office -- mailed a box to you, Nancy! I felt so badly for the clerk. There was a customer pitching an absolute FIT about something. She was stomping her feet like a three-year-old and practically climbing across the counter at the poor clerk. A manager came out from the back and tried to calm the customer down. She had been stopping her mail and was unhappy about having her phone call transferred and she didn't know to whom it was transferred or something. Anyway, it was nothing over which the clerk had any control. The manager just sort of stepped in front of the clerk and tried to calm the customer down, but she was all wound up and continued to screech and fume. It was getting so embarrassing to watch -- just awful. She finally sort of gasped and threw up her hands and stomped out of the building. Bless their hearts, the manager turned to the clerk and told her not to worry about it -- she hadn't done anything wrong. Sometimes you wonder how some people get through their day when they're so angry and upset all the time. One of the blessings of getting a little more chronologically enhanced -- I don't worry about nearly as much as I did when I was younger. Not that much really matters, and there's almost nothing worth pitching a fit over. I hope that customer calms down before she drives anywhere or tries to deal with anything serious -- she was bonkers.

When it was my turn at the window, I had a little chat with the clerk about the dishcloth exchange and got her to talking about her grandmother's dishcloths. I got her to smile a little and dry her tears. I think I am going to knit a cloth and take it in to her one day. Might help make up for the yucky experiences.

Have a great Friday, all. Nancy -- your package should be there on Monday -- plenty of time to enjoy a Fourth of July dishcloth!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  08:34:21 AM  Show Profile
That would be very sweet of you Marilyn. I agree with you life is to wonderful to be that angry. Maybe something more is bothering her and she took it out on the wrong person. My Mom once said that the people that really need to be told when they are wrong aren't the ones to usually hear it. She was right. I have been on the receiving end for something I had nothing to do with, but the person speaking to me didn't have the courage to go to the correct person. Also, I have gotten angry over things at times but, never wanted to draw attention to myself like that.

Well, I just wanted to let Rebecca know her dishcloth will be late because my son and his family got leave and were just here visiting. He hadn't been home for over 4 years. The military has kept him busy. We had a wonderful visit!! Will get the dishcloth out as soon as I can.

Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  09:15:23 AM  Show Profile
Three years ago I had to go to day surgery six times in two weeks. Every day my husband would drop me off at 7:30 am on his way to work, then when I was awake again they called him. Some days I was out by noon, but one day it was 4:00pm. The nurses had told me what was going on and I had come with something to stitch and read. They were all complimenting my calm, pleasant attitude. I finally asked, "Do you have people come here who are ugly to you?" Those two nurses said that I would not believe how many patients as well as family members are rude, ugly, even cursing at them. Now that is just wrong.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  09:23:25 AM  Show Profile

I'm so excited, I received a package from Julie today. It has dish cloths, napkins, post it notes and Necco candy.
The red white and blue theme is great fun. I haven't had Necco candies since I was a kid. I had forgotten about the surprise flavor. Love it. Thank you Julie.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Lexi Lavender
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Lexi
Bangor Maine
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  09:34:46 AM  Show Profile
I sent my package out yesterday...this was really a fun swap...got me to try something I hadn't done before!

Lavender Lexi
Farmgirl #4034

"Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden." Orson Scott Card
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  10:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Necco! That was always my dad's favorite! I think I will stop in at the little specialty candy store and get some to send to him. I think it was the all chocolate ones he liked. Thank you for sending them and for sharing it when you received them. He will be so tickled!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  4:49:25 PM  Show Profile
You are very welcome Marilyn, this swap is always a fun swap!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  05:30:35 AM  Show Profile
Here's a photo of the lovely dishcloth I received from Shelba. I love it, and am inspired to try a shaped one soon! Thank you so much, Shelba, and also thank you for the socks and flag picks! I'm crazy about colorful socks! Big Hugs!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  09:53:20 AM  Show Profile
Cute dish cloth.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2015 :  06:10:57 AM  Show Profile
I always enjoy seeing what everyone gets in these swaps! It's almost as much fun as the surprise of opening my own package. I stopped up at the post office this morning and dropped that dishcloth off for the clerk, but she's out this week -- I guess she'll still enjoy it after the Fourth!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2015 :  09:33:48 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I enjoy seeing all of the pictures and creativity.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

GiGi58
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Gayle
Billings Montana
USA
71 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  12:41:11 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon, all of my Farmgirl friends! I have so much repenting to do. First of all, I want to apologize to my partner for not posting about receiving my dishcloth. I absolutely did receive it! WOW!! My partner is Alexis (Lexi Lavendar). Oh my goodness!! It is a beauty, too! Plus, she sent me a wonderful bracelet and earrings set that she made. I was so overwhelmed with her talents of crocheting and making jewelry and the beauty of the items. I love the red, white and blue sparkle yarn you used (is that cotton yarn? And, if so, where can one buy it? I love it!) Thank you so much, Alexis! I will post a picture very soon!

However, I have not been as good of a partner back to her and now the 4th of July is over. I am still working on your dishcloth(s), my dear friend, Alexis. Things have been rather hectic at my home in that I got very sick when I took my trip to my granddaughter's graduation and was down in bed at their home for over a week before I felt good enough to get back home. I was only home for a day or two and I got sick all over again and was and have been down in bed again for the last almost 2 weeks. I am not sure what is going on, but I have called my doctor's office for an appointment to get in to find out why I have been so sick. I live alone and it really kind of scares me when I get this sick and don't have anyone to call on. I also had company (my daughter and her 4 children) stopped in from Missouri (I live in Montana) as they were on their way further West to the state of Washington to go to a family reunion on their Dad's side of the family. They stopped here on the way there and then on the way back. I was not much of a hostess to them because of being sick and that made me sad, too (along with my swaps not getting done in a timely manner), because I do not get to see or have fun with any of my 15 grandchildren as none of them live close to me here in Montana. Being a Grandma is now the most fulfilling and rewarding part of my life and not being able to play and give them all of the attention they need and they deserve is very difficult. On top of all of that, I am the executor of my Mom's estate and have ran into some not-so-good family issues that I am dealing with. Oh my! AND....I also have Fibromyalgia and have had so many flareups over the last few weeks (couldn't be because of stress, now, could it?), which has not helped anything either. I bet everyone is thinking "Man,she is a piece of work" I even wonder that myself at times. :( Ugh! My favorite saying these days especially is "This, too, shall pass". And, you know what? It always does and there is always hope ahead. :)

I know this is not a lot of consolation and must be very frustrating to my partner who has worked so hard to get the items that she made for me done and sent (and, in time, too) and that she has to wait so long for me to send hers to her. For that, I am truly sorry! I honestly signed up in good faith, but it seems that the whole world has come tumbling down on top of me right now. Please, Please forgive me! I am working on your dishcloth(s) Alexis, and I WILL get your package sent to you very soon. I will try to post a picture of what Alexis sent as soon as possible and as soon as I can figure out how to do it. I usually am very good at doing that kind of thing on the computer, but, for some reason, I have a hard time getting pictures on this forum. Thank you, Alexis, for your patience!

I know there are some of you who are on one or two of the other swaps I am involved in, so I will be apologizing on there, also, and will be putting some of the same wording there as is on this one, so I hope you all will understand. I really am not a "flake" and I PROMISE that I will be making this up to all involved.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding everyone. (And, I apologize for the length of this post--I just had to explain the "whys" of not getting my project(s) done and sent in time). Have a great day to all of my Farmgirl friends! You all will never know how much of a lifeline you are to me as I read your posts of love and life and all of your truly inspiring talents and how they all give me lots of hope and peace. I just hope one day I can be the same as so many of you with your talents and can share that with others along the way. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

With Love,
Gayle (aka GiGi)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain"

http://gigisdenofuniquewitty.blogspot.com/
www.pinterest.com/gigo060
Farmgirl Sisterhood #198
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  7:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Gayle, I sent you an email. An offer to help. O K? God bless.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  06:08:26 AM  Show Profile
Received my sweet exchange package on Friday -- just in time for a very festive Fourth of July -- thank you so much, Nancy! My daughter was here at the shop when the package arrived and I think I have about convinced her to join the Sisterhood!

GiGi -- Sometimes the hardest person to take care of is yourself, and Girl -- you need to do so!!! I know you have been caregiver to your family, and I wonder if that hasn't taken a toll on you. Just take some time to heal. Lots of love coming your way.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Lexi Lavender
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Lexi
Bangor Maine
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  10:27:48 AM  Show Profile
Gayle no worries about the swap! I'm sorry to hear about how difficult things are. I would post the picture for you but I struggle with posting too. I wondered if you have been checked for Lyme disease. I was treated for Lyme disease and a lot of the Fibro stuff got better. Deep breaths, take care and put yourself first until you get better...sometimes we care so much for others that we always put ourselves last. I'm kind of far away to offer more than an ear to listen but I'll send you my phone number, feel free to call if you want to talk. Alexis

Lavender Lexi
Farmgirl #4034

"Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden." Orson Scott Card
Go to Top of Page

Lexi Lavender
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Lexi
Bangor Maine
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  12:13:09 PM  Show Profile

Wow! I think I got pic to post...patience was the key[:) isn't it always? This is the dishcloth and jewelry I made for Gayle.

Lavender Lexi
Farmgirl #4034

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  1:27:34 PM  Show Profile
Lexi I love the dishcloth and the bracelet and earrings are beautiful!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Lexi Lavender
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Lexi
Bangor Maine
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  1:29:07 PM  Show Profile
Thank you...I had a lot of fun doing it

Lavender Lexi
Farmgirl #4034

Go to Top of Page

Shelba
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Shelba
Victor California
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  5:03:45 PM  Show Profile
I received a lovely surprise from Amy. Not one, but three basketweave knit washcloths! A lovely lollipop, some lip balm, and a magnet with a kitty on it rounded out the surprise.
I finally got the photo to upload! I thought I had posted with a photo the other day, but it wasn't there today when I went back to see it another washcloth/dishcloth swap had been posted!
Take care, Shelba

Edited by - Shelba on Jul 10 2015 5:10:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  07:28:24 AM  Show Profile
So glad you like everything, Shelba!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Lexi Lavender
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Lexi
Bangor Maine
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  10:19:20 AM  Show Profile
Amy love those dishcloths

Lavender Lexi
Farmgirl #4034

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  11:42:28 AM  Show Profile
I admire your knitting skills.

TexasGran
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Fourth of July Dishcloth Swap PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page