True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  5:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello Friends,

I hope that you all are having a good evening at your homesteads.

We have been busy packing and securing places for our animals today.
We are going to Washington D.C. and Lancaster, PA for Thanksgiving.
It should be a lot of fun. We don't have any family there. Just wanted to do something a little different this year.

Anyway, what are you all going to do? Stay home? Or go visiting? Do any of you live in Lancaster or nearby? We have reservations at the Good -N -Plenty for Thanksgiving day. My husband and I have been there before and enjoyed the food. It is not my Mama's cooking but it will have to do this year.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and I look forward to getting in touch when we return.
Take care.

Lindy
sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com

Edited by - Sweet Harvest Homestead on Dec 04 2006 2:49:08 PM

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  5:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a grand time you'll have. We will just stay home and visit with whom ever wants to stop by. A fire in the stove, a good book, my feet up----I'm happy and thankful.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  5:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Sounds nice Mary Beth!

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  11:18:25 AM  Show Profile
I have to work but will join my family a little after noon. Hubby decided he needs to spend time w/ his, so we'll divide and conquor this year.

Christmas is easier since his family has their get together Christmas Eve, and mine does it that day ......or whenever we can all get together

My mom spent years being ripped between the parents who lived mere minutes apart. The whole day was always stressful....same for Christmas, so she and my Dad are very flexible when it comes to hubby and me. No guilt trips here. Brother lives in Fla and has to deal w/ his X and HER plans w/ their boys. So glad he'll be getting married and the two can start their own traditions.
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  1:44:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm all for the guilt-free holiday. My husband and I split Xmas between our two families, but on Thanksgiving we drive out of state for a vegan meal with some friends we don't get to see often.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  04:32:47 AM  Show Profile
Lindy, I applaud your determination to make the holiday something special for you and your family!
We head over the river and through the woods to grandmother's on Thanksgiving day. Then, on the way home we stop at MIL for dessert.

Happy Thanksgiving Farmgals!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thanksgiving Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page