Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for our family, please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for our family, please Next Topic  

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  11:19:30 AM  Show Profile
For those that do not know, we are a family of 8, expecting our seventh child in August/September time frame. We have a smaller property in a neighborhood. Along with our homeschooled children, we have a dog and nine chickens... but not for much longer! There is one neighbor in this neighborhood that is a "pistol" to anyone and everyone. Over the years, she has learned that we do not "fight ugly" but rather pray for those being "not nice." Well this time she has taken a low blow! She has decided that our chickens are causing an increase in the rat population that we have all dealt with for the last few years. We stayed home from church this morning due to two sick children, and the HOA president showed up. He informed us the chickens have to be gone within the week. We are simply heartbroken! My children look forward to tending them first thing in the morning and care for them throughout the day! It is our highlight to bring in their fresh eggs. But we will not be able to do this anymore! We tried to explain that we bring in their food each night as soon as the chickens go to bed, prior to the rats scurrying around, yet it didn't seem to matter. My kids are just beside themselves, and quite honestly, I want to be mean back. We have had a really hard week due to various health issues and family things, and this just seems to add to it! Anyways - I would love your prayers, please!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  2:52:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, evil is all around us and striking hard right now! I will put you on my prayer chain and my prayers as well.

Lord I lift Shannon and her family up to you in prayer, please be with them during this awful time and protect them from what is happening with the HOA and the lady who isn't happy if she sees anyone being happy or having a happy home. Show and guide them to someone who can help them through this trial that maybe this woman and the HOA can have a change of heart. Protect this family Lord from the madness that is going on around them and show them you are there holding them through this. Lord bless this family.
Thank you in all things in the Precious name of Jesus, Amen.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  06:04:44 AM  Show Profile
Dear Shannon, I am so sorry for you and your children, and for your beloved chickens. There are some people in the world who are so deeply unhappy that they lash out at others, especially people like you who have such tender and loving hearts. I will pray hard for your family, and also for the neighbor that maybe the Light will come into her heart and she will turn to kindness. You are not alone, many will be praying for you.

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  7:00:19 PM  Show Profile
You know I'll be praying, too, Shannon! Love you! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  04:42:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all! I just posted a longer update othe "mini farm no more" post, so I will keep this one shorter. Basically we contacted a lawyer yes teat and they said it was out of their realm and we need to contact a realty lawyer for the legality of the chickens and the police for her constantly yelling at my kids for playing in the backyard and building. We are 100 percent with in the county code. The question comes to the HOA. It says we cannot have chickens for agricultural purposes... We don't but rather for education. Our argument is if an area iis zoned for agriculture, it means you can have produce and livestock for aPROFIT. We are not selling anything, so it is not agriculture! That would be like saying you cannot grow produce unless you are zoned agriculture! Whether that is the legal definition though, we really do not know if you are right or not, hence the need to contact a realty lawyer. She did end up calling county code enforcement... Oh to have seen her face when they told her we were completely legal! I guess what gets me is she has had rats/mice problems for YEARS... Why is it my chickens fault this year? And why/how would the chickens in my yard cause them in her yard, but not ours. Granted, we have a few in our back tree, but we have never had them in the yard!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - May 06 2015 :  11:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry for the added stress! I will be praying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for our family, please Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page