Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  3:52:56 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to know how my Farmgirl Sisters will be celebrating Mothers Day. Are there special traditions in your family? Last year we began a new tradition of brunch by the river. It was so much fun we decided to do it again, rain or shine. What will you be doing?

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  6:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Sounds fun! We used to have the tradition for probably 20 years that my grandma, my mom, and I would all go garage saling the day before Mother's Day. A local city would have citywide garage sales (about 200 of them) and that was our "shopping" for the year. ;) This will be the first year we're not doing it; my grandpa can no longer be left unattended so grandma can't leave all day, and my mom is no longer in the state. Time to make new traditions with my own kids. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  7:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My mom and my mother-in-law are both in heaven. We'll be enjoying church fellowship and then perhaps a drive to the mountains. Not sure yet. It will be away from my daughter as she lives 400 miles away!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  12:11:49 PM  Show Profile
Mother's Day was a day that my grandmother, mother or I had to do any cooking. It's always been a day to go out to a fancy restaurant. My grandmother passed in 2006. My mom passed at the end of 2013. Last year was my first mother's day without both of them. I really didn't want to do anything. I was still grieving and felt like an orphan without parents.

I don't know what we'll be doing this year. I'm gonna let my hubby and adult kids take the lead. I'm sure I'll be Blessed with whatever we do. I am happy just having everyone in the same room and enjoying each other's company.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2015 :  2:53:54 PM  Show Profile
My Mother's Day was sometimes lonely because Mother's Day is the bonsai show. But the family would go out to dinner on another day. Since one son lives in Texas, he usually sends beautiful flowers. My son here for the last two years has taken me on a lunch cruise on the St. Droid river. Very relaxing and safe if it's raining.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5164 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5164 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  6:15:55 PM  Show Profile
I will be celebrating My Daughter's first Mother's day! I am so blessed! Now I understand what Grandparents feel! Lily June is a joy!!
Happy Mother's Day!
Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  10:22:32 PM  Show Profile
This morning, my boys made me breakfast, and presented me with a homemade handprint card and ceramic measuring cups! Then we went to a Lilac Garden and enjoyed the late blooming lilacs. Then we spent hours around the nursery and farm store! Great day!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 12 2015 :  12:48:36 PM  Show Profile
My 19 year old son took me to a local bagel shop for lunch after church. Believe me, this is a big deal to me because he spends most of him time with school or his girl friend. My Mother moved into a retirement place close to our house so instead of the usual phone call I bought a few flowers from a local farmer market, went home and placed them into a quart sized canning jar. Typed some words on some pretty paper and used some pink ribbon to tie around the jar. I just love using and decorating with canning jars.

Janice Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Mothers Day Celebrations Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page