Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The frenzy has begun.... Next Topic  

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  08:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
So last night my husband had a gig (he's in a band)so I decided to go do a little grocery shopping that I had been putting off. Outside the Fred Meyer, sitting along the wall...is this long line of teens, clearly ready to camp out all night. I had no idea what they were waiting for but figured it must be some crazy techie game. This morning the ads have come out and I see a Wii Nintendo - I'm guessing that is what the big excitement was.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/BlueAppleFarm/

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  08:16:41 AM  Show Profile
They were camped outside the Best Buy store this last week. They let people set up 20 tents. Was a weird site.

Anne

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  10:23:11 AM  Show Profile
Actually they were more likely waiting on the Play Station 3. It came out friday but a lot of stores weren't getting it until today. They sell for about 600 each but pwople were buying and then selling them on EBAY for 3000$ each!!!! We had a line infront of our walmart last night of people waiting for the PS3 that was SUPPOSED to be on the truck being delivered at midnight. A friend told me that they weren't on the truck!!! A lot of unhappy customers! The PS3 is only in limited production. The Nintendo Wii is supposed to be more widely available.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  5:21:05 PM  Show Profile
This type of thing just makes me so mad. Every Christmas some manufacturer puts out something the is in "limited production". I can't believe people -- that they would camp out for something like this. I heard on the news yesterday that one guy shot another guy as they were waiting in line for the PS3 -- not sure where this was. Remember when there was all the frenzy for the Tickle Me Elmo, Cabbage Patch dolls, and other things? There was a local guy on the news last night that had gotten a supply of the PS3s and is selling them on eBay for $2500!

Handmade delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com

Visit my blog! http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

The Clark County Farmgirls have a blog! http://thefarmgirls.blogspot.com

Edited by - therusticcottage on Nov 19 2006 5:21:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The frenzy has begun.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page