Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Popping in from Southern Missouri
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Popping in from Southern Missouri Next Topic  

KhadijahL
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Khadijah
Missouri
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  7:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello all!
I just joined the Farmgirl Sisterhood and am so excited about getting to know you all and see what you are up to. I live with my husband and seven of my eight children in the Ozarks of southern Missouri. So far we have goats, chickens, ducks, and one rather grumpy guinea named Oscar. We are working on getting things ready for spring and summer, so it's a very busy time for us. I am hoping to get my bees going this year as well as to plant some of the forest with goldenseal, ginseng, and black cohash. I sew, knit, crochet, make soap and jewelry - really, I love almost any kind of craft, and am willing to try it at least once. I am a writer, teacher, and herbalist.
I am looking forward to participating in the forums, and getting to know you better!

Khadijah

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6917 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6917 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  05:08:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Khadijah, you're like it here on the farm with all us like minded women. I want to hear more of your life in the Ozarks. I have always lived on the Texas prairie with not a mountain in sight.

Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  05:40:02 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Khadijah from Gainesville, Florida! You have lots of interesting projects going out there in the Ozarks and I look forward to hearing more about what you are doing! It is great to welcome another Farmgirl to "Our Farm"!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  05:57:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Khadijah! What a beautiful name! I used to work with a lady named Khodejah. She was the sweetest lady, and your name just reminded me of her. I can't wait to hear more about you! So glad you're here :)

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"It is... through the world of the imagination which takes us beyond the restrictions of provable fact, that we touch the hem of truth." - Madeleine L'Engle

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

KhadijahL
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Khadijah
Missouri
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  07:57:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone, for your sweet welcomes! Erin, I am guessing it was the same name, with a different spelling. You'd be amazed at the gazillion ways people spell my name!Winnie, I've been going through posts and loving every minute of it, I feel like I've found a real place, not just something in cyberspace. Sara, thank you - I have a friend who homesteads in the Texas Hill Country, it's amazing what people can do anywhere if they put their minds to it!

Khadijah
Farmgirl#6334

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  08:01:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Khadijah. We look forward to your Ozark adventures. What a crew you have!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  09:55:27 AM  Show Profile
Greetings Khadijah from the way Northeast of NY! Wow, you are one busy farmgal!

Grab a cuppa and enjoy some marvelous company. It's a wonderful place to be! Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://musingaboutthisandthat.blogspot.com/
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  11:10:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Khadijah. Enjoy your time with us.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2015 :  8:05:14 PM  Show Profile
Greetings from Iowa Khadijah! Can't wait to hear more about your family and interests.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  06:47:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Khadijah! I hope your ginseng grows well. We might be seeing you on that tv show where they all compete against each other to find ginseng and sell it. lol

Have fun here!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

KhadijahL
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Khadijah
Missouri
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  09:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you again, everyone, I feel so welcomed, just like I thought it would be when I signed up.
I was trying to explain to my husband what I love about MaryJanesFarm and I really couldn't get it across. But I sure am feelin' it now (SMILE)

Khadijah
Farmgirl#6334

Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  5:32:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Khadijahl,
Well you sure are a busy lady. I am too... Seem like I am always doing something too. Work, art, sewing, baking etc.

Janice Vintage Artist

Dream Big Pray Bigger
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5080 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5080 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  6:39:48 PM  Show Profile
Khadijah! to Mary Jane's Farm!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Popping in from Southern Missouri Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page