Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Why, oh why, do people do this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Why, oh why, do people do this? Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  6:58:37 PM  Show Profile
I just saw where ISIS extremists have destroyed ancient artifacts in their twisted mission to purge the world of anyone who thinks differently than them. These artifacts have so much cultural and historical significance--it would be like someone blowing up the Statue of Liberty or defacing Mount Rushmore. They hypocritically refer to these artworks as "idols" then they sell them on the black market to raise money for their sick, sick cause. These treasures can never be replaced. The killing, the destruction has to stop. It's not enough that they terrorize the modern world, now they're attempting to erase history. This just makes me incredibly sad and I know they'll meet their maker someday and have to pay the price, but I wish God would act NOW rather than later. This is a war crime.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  11:59:40 PM  Show Profile
Cindy...that is so sad. I didn't hear about that on the news. Where did you hear about it?

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  11:56:37 AM  Show Profile
In Islam, it is forbidden to depict a living, flesh and blood creature in art work. Problem is the Islamic extremists, want everyone to adhere to this belief not just their own people. Religious fundamentalists of all types (Catholic, Protestant, Judaic etc.) make similar attempts to ban certain practices that don't fit their doctrine. Most of these do not destroy property or commit violence but others have in their past. Some examples are the Crusades between Catholics and Moslems in the Middle East, Holy Wars between Protestants and Catholics in early Renaissance Europe, mass murder and suicide by cults such as the Jim Jones' Peoples Temple, Branch Davidians and the Order of the Solar Temple. Mainly, religious crimes are perpetrated against those who do not agree or question a certain doctrine. This article explains it well:

http://www.humanreligions.info/violence_and_crime.html

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  1:15:58 PM  Show Profile
These crimes are perpetrated by evil PEOPLE under the GUISE of religion in order to suit their OWN evil purposes. It's about power and control, not about any type of love of God. Throughout history even unto today, men have broken the heart of God by such atrocities and have brought shame to the good people of goodwill in their religions who seek Him. This is a travesty and a true crime against God and man.

If these people agree we all ultimately come from the first man and first woman, then surely they know that all human beings are made by the hands of the Creator, in His image, and are, therefore His children, no matter what their religious beliefs. They would recognize that all human beings have the breath of God in them, and, therefore, have and deserve the utmost dignity and worth as His children. They would never abuse or kill anyone, but rather would fear God for even so considering. If they truly seek to turn people toward God, they would not hinder God's good work in people. They would humble themselves and let Him do His Own Will.

Their concept of vengeance is all wrong. Vengeance belongs to God, whose "vengeance" is actually a lovingkind act, meant to turn hearts toward Him and all the good He has for us. You don't see God torturing, maiming, raping, pillaging, starving and killing. He may allow us to fall in order to learn a lesson, but like any loving parent, He's also right there with arm extended and hand open, waiting for people to take hold and follow. But no, instead, in the most evil human hubris, in his own fallen humanity, man takes his own concept of "vengeance" unto himself, and exercises what he thinks is right, in the name of his religion(which is not, by the way, God - it's a means to seek and follow Him!), in the name of the god of his choosing, all the while wielding his own will and power for his own gain and purpose.

Although they truly believe they are, these men are not serving our Creator who made this beautiful world as a loving home for ALL of His precious children. They are, either knowingly or unknowingly, serving a completely different master, who in fact hates human beings BECAUSE they are made in God's image, and who seeks out to eradicate the image of God in every aspect of creation. Why? Because evil hates God. Evil hates to be reminded that he himself is not God. (He wants to BE God; but he never can be... After all: what creature can ever exceed its creator?) These people believe they are doing good, that they are doing the right thing, that their cause and actions are righteous; but in truth their actions in no way honor God or draw people to Him. They don't even realize the true master they serve. They destroy; they do not love, honor and save. Their actions harden hearts and enslave people to act out of fear. They either knowingly or unknowingly serve evil, whose soul purpose is to eradicate God in every form through which He expresses Himself, the greatest of which is in the hearts of men, his children. Their "religion" is truly only a religion unto themselves, and it is in grave error. Welcome to the chaotic, fallen world in which we live and the ultimate expression of fallen humanity.

God's will is that not one SOUL be lost. Remember, this life is only fleeting and for a time. Life does not end here - we are all only passing through. God exists in Eternity and wants us to reside with Him eternally! Therefore in this world we will and do witness and suffer these horrific tribulations at the hands of lost men - men who first quench the Spirit of God within themselves - until the fullness of time, when all His children have entered into the fold of His Heart. We should, therefore, take note of what fallen men do to one another and realize that this is only a glimpse of the true Hell. As the Lord impressed upon me recently, perhaps we should consider what we see happening, and fear the true Hell all the more. That would totally be a life-changer, wouldn't it? Just sayin'.

God help us and save us from ourselves.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 07 2015 1:38:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  1:55:55 PM  Show Profile
Hmph... This is timely, Cindy... http://spiritualdirection.com/2015/03/07/on-the-mercy-of-god?utm_source=Catholic+Spiritual+Direction&utm_campaign=ccd586ff7b-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9dd96593f8-ccd586ff7b-59828237 Maybe this will help you find, in some part, the answer you are seeking. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 07 2015 2:02:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  3:35:31 PM  Show Profile
When I get nervous about what is happening in the world, I sing to myself the lyrics, "it's the glorious unfolding."
The Bible teaches us these things will happen. I don't like hearing about these horrific things, but I am
reminded that it will get worse before it gets better. God will not forsake us.

God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself.
Jenny,
Blessed Farmgirl #4359
FGOM October 2013
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  3:36:09 PM  Show Profile
I understand where you're coming from, Nini--I know humans can be evil. I just wish they wouldn't inflict their evil upon the whole world.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  3:47:10 PM  Show Profile
Me, too, Cindy. Me, too.

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  5:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Nini...beautifully stated as always. Our God is not the God of Evil Actions....He Is Love!!!
Such a shame all the horrors that have been done in His name under the guise of Religion.
I am not Religious...I am simply a child of God...Living In Relationship with Him. I
Know these end times are hard to watch...but they were foretold in Scripture. We must just
keep watching and waiting and trusting In Christ's Return. He will make all things Right one
day...and Evil will be No More!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2015 :  1:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Made me sick to see this....I am an avid historian and respect ALL cultures with their singular and unique history, but I have no respect for these people hiding under the guise of their religion to justify the brutality of what they have done and what they continue to do. They had NO right and now this physical aspect of a unique culture is lost forever. What is it going to take to put an end to this?

Melody
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2015 :  5:12:10 PM  Show Profile
Yes, it seems as if some people wish to remove some things and people from history. I can think of many examples. Yes, God is not evil. It is that some people use God as an excuse to commit evil acts.

I learned yesterday that many of the artifacts destroyed in the museum were plaster replicas. The originals had been moved to other locations for safekeeping.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Mar 09 2015 5:14:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Why, oh why, do people do this? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page