Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Family reunion event and activity ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Family reunion event and activity ideas Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  03:07:55 AM  Show Profile
I had lunch with my cousin yesterday. She wants to have a family reunion when we have our local fair in Aug. Please share ideas of events and activities we can do. Half of us are farmers and half are city folk. The ages will be 80+ to infants. We have the potential of up to 50 people. The setting will be in a small town of 1,500 people, fair time, and potential of being very hot. I would like it to be more than a lunch or supper when everyone gets together and just visits. Some could be traveling half way across the US to come. It could be a lot of fun. Most of us grew up in the town we are having the reunion in.

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  06:24:57 AM  Show Profile
One of the fun things we did at our reunion was cover a huge table with freezer paper. We plopped about a gallon of salt dough in the middle of the table and turned everyone loose. Even the grown men joined in and you can not imagine the creativity that took place. It was really fun!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  08:32:00 AM  Show Profile
old time games, i.e., 3 legged race, sack race, egg in the spoon race, the older members telling stories of when they were kids (and if possible, record them), have everyone write something about them selfs on a piece of paper, then read them out loud and see how many know who it is...these ideas are free to very cheap, and most all, even city folk will have fun, and thats all that counts...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Good ideas, keep them coming.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Family reunion event and activity ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page