Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Shout out from the North
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Shout out from the North Next Topic  

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  05:47:43 AM  Show Profile
Greetings all FarmGirls. I am writing from the Great North Woods of Northern Vermont. Just wanted to give a shout out and find out who might be close by the chat with. I am located on the Connecticut River on 21 acres. Starting a goat farm, have dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens and one bird. It is currently snowing (lightly) and the temps are dropping. That is life in the North. The animals have been fed, watered and hugged and I will be heading to my "paying" job shortly. Have a great day everyone.

Vermont Goat Girl

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  07:03:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Katherine. Awesome family line-up. With 21 acres, I'm sure you're planning expansion of your goat herd. Do you plan to sell the milk? Make cheese? Soap? Or just good old goat kisses?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  6:46:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi MaryJane. Good to hear from you. The goats I currently have are just for kisses but I'm hoping to expand into Angora and sell the fleece raw and spun. Always wanting to connect with more goat girls and have some inside information. I love the magazine and all the country wisdom and products that are in it. I hope it is around for a very long time.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

Noreen
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Noreen
Essex Junction Vermont
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  6:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Noreen an AOL message
Hello Goat Girl,
This is Noreen from Essex, Vermont! We have 40 acres, live in the woods and have a waterfall. I grew up on a dairy farm. My little family and I have raised a few goats, Wilbur, the pig, and both meat and laying hens. Currently we have layers. My son and I did all our outside work today in Oreo for the chilly weather coming soon! We brought in wood for the woodstove, finished shoveling the snow and took care if the coop! Now we are snuggled in for the night. I would love to have a Vermont gathering if farm girls as soon as it turns warm, maybe after mud season! Nice to meet you. Stay warm!

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  4:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Katherine!! My daughter raises lamancha goats here in Florida and sells cheese that she makes from extra milk. Keep us posted on all of your upcoming projects and stay warm!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  02:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Hello Noreen. Great to hear from you. My chickens are just laying hens and one of my bunnies was found by me on the side of the road. One of my four cats is a rescue and two of my dogs. Essex isn't that far so hopefully we can get together after "mud season" which I think is going to be long this year. My sister and her partner have a goat farm in Windsor Vermont. They raise meat goats. I go down quite often in the summer months, maybe we can meet around there. So great connecting with someone close by. Stay warm and keep in touch.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  02:49:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Winnie. Good to hear from you. Lamancha goats are so great. I love that they have those soft velvet ears. Mine are Meat X with Nubian. I just love them so much. Little Rascals. It will be nice when spring gets here and I can put them outside. Have a great day. Keep in touch.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  05:24:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Katherine!

I thought I responded to this thread before...maybe with our internet the way it has been lately (with all the snow/ice/wind it goes off and on) it did not go through.

I am in Connecticut, a few states away...Welcome!

Are you getting the snow and Ice we are getting this year?

I live on a few acres in the suburbs of Connecticut. We have two dogs, a cat, a bunny, and four chickens. (My dd also has hermit crabs and fish). I am an avid gardener as well. I have several friends here with goat farms...love goat milk soap and yogurt!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  06:09:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole. So sorry I missed your reply. A great big hello from Northern Vermont. I have the beginnings of a thaw way up here; some dirt is visible in the driveway. Today is breezy and very cloudy but the eaves are dripping so the temp isn't too bad. Last Monday a friend came to visit and we trimmed goat feet. I really need to work with them more so they are easier to catch. Spring can't come soon enough for me here and the animals are looking forward to it too. Hope things are peaceful in your world. Catch up again soon.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  08:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathrine from Champlain, NY. I am right on the border of Canada and a swim (or the bridge if you like ) from VT. Your place sounds wonderful! Vermont is so picturesque! I read you about mud season! If it can only get warmer then we'll be in full fledged "mud season".

I'm originally from Montreal, but now live in a small "country" village. I enjoy it here, so quiet. I like that the city is not too far away, making it convenient for me to get my city fix.

The forum is a great place to hang out and meet like minded and wonderful farmgals! Enjoy!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com

Edited by - ceridwen on Mar 31 2015 08:53:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  08:50:33 AM  Show Profile
Noreen, you are not that far from me. I am about an hour away from Burlington. Nice to see some farmgals closer by!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2015 :  7:35:14 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I am in SW NH - but close to the VT border, grew up in VT and a UVM alumni. We have 6 goats & I just joined the Farmgirl Sisterhood! Always fun to chat goats. I am also a member of Southern Vermont Dairy Goat Association, another fun spot to gather with goat pals!

Diana Farmgirl Sister # 5678
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Shout out from the North Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page