Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Tasha Tudor Antique Clothing Auction , Oh my!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tasha Tudor Antique Clothing Auction , Oh my! Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  09:20:08 AM  Show Profile
I nearly had a heart attack when I found this! Check out http://www.antique-fashion.com/ and click on the Auction details link and then the Tasha Tudor link. {Tried direct, it doesn't work).
Wonderful, wonderful! And what is so amazing is that I live 1/2 hour from where they will be. If you are interested in period clothing like this, it also says there will be a book available. Usually auction catalogs are mailed out for a relatively small fee if you want to see what the collection that's being auctioned looks like.

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Nov 16 2006 09:29:16 AM

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  09:39:40 AM  Show Profile
VERY NICE, Love looking at the clothes that were worn, and wonder who wore them. At those prices I guess I won't be wearing any, I would love to see them up close.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  09:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, somewhere in the blurb Tasha mentions that SHE wore some of them! No the prices are definitely not for me but the site is a wonderful resource for those who love this type of thing and are able to adapt sewing patterns to something similar. I think I just might try to attend the preview!

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Nov 16 2006 09:46:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  9:18:16 PM  Show Profile
What fun bramble! I think I'd go too if I lived so close. No harm in window shopping! :)

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  9:25:38 PM  Show Profile
the prices are pretty interesting..but of course those are museum quality and look like they are in pristine condition for the ages. how very neat!what fun to see them up close!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  05:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
awww very nice looking;) and dreaming! let us know if any of you go And buy thins;) have fun for us!

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Tasha Tudor Antique Clothing Auction , Oh my! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page