Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Spring Homemade Soap Exchange! CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Spring Homemade Soap Exchange! CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 2

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  11:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Do you make your own soap? Would you like to swap with others who do as well so that you can sample various types of soaps from other farm sisters?

I have an idea for a small, fun swap. Let's see if there is enough interest!

The first 9 gals who sign up for this swap will exchange 1 homemade bar of soap with each other. Please mark the bars as to the type/scent/etc. (ex: goat's milk/tea tree scented/good for the skin) and wrap them festively for Spring and then mail 1 bar to each of the 9 sisters in this swap.

You will be sending out 9 small packages total, so postage should not be too bad and you will be getting 9 different homemade soaps back in return!

So start making your soap now (so it has time to cure) and make a note of these important dates:

Taking sign-ups until 2/28/15 or we reach 9 sisters total, whichever comes first! I count as the 1st sister, of course as I want to play, too! ;)

Mail out all 9 packages to your soap swap sisters by 3/6/15 so they are sure to get them in time for the First Day of Spring on March 20!

(PLEASE NOTE: Some homemade soap recipes call for at least a month to sit and cure. If your soaps are not fully cured but you still want to participate in this swap just make a small note to your sisters to let them know how to finish curing the bars they get from you before they use them!)

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know!

https://www.facebook.com/ProgressiveHomemaker?ref=bookmarks Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

Life's short. Make today count.

Edited by - ProgressiveHomemaker on Apr 08 2015 3:26:02 PM

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  07:08:51 AM  Show Profile
Rachell!! I would LOVE to learn to make my own soap - is there a site that I can go to - and perhaps I can make it and join this swap?

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  08:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
There are lots of free how-tos online, just Google homemade soap recipes or browse YouTube for them until you find something you'd like to try! :)

https://www.facebook.com/ProgressiveHomemaker?ref=bookmarks Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  09:01:27 AM  Show Profile
K - I will look into it!! This would be really really fun :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2015 :  6:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Well, what's really nice is that you end up with a huge selection of homemade soaps in different types and scents!

Go to Top of Page

cntybuff
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Beth
Colusa California
79 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  1:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Me Please!! I am in :)
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  3:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Yay! Beth!

Go to Top of Page

cntybuff
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Beth
Colusa California
79 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  08:41:50 AM  Show Profile
Getting excited!!

Beth
Farmgirl Sister #2591

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Beth, tell your friends so we get more participants. It will be much more fun if there are at least a handful of us!

Go to Top of Page

SlowQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Gina
West Palm Beach Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  7:08:48 PM  Show Profile
I make soap and would love to participate! I have a batch well cured and ready to go, I just need to count and make sure I have 9 bars left. I had family over for a visit and they took several bars home with them but I think I have enough.

"If you think you're too small to make a difference in the world, try spending a night in a tent with a mosquito."
Farmgirl Sister #6227
Go to Top of Page

cntybuff
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Beth
Colusa California
79 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  1:25:39 PM  Show Profile
Even just a few of us would be fun!

Beth
Farmgirl Sister #2591

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  1:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Wonderful, Gina!

Yes, Beth, even if it is just the few of us we will still do it! :)

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  3:51:37 PM  Show Profile
Can I join? I have never made soap but have always wanted to learn. Lavender !!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SlowQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Gina
West Palm Beach Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  5:30:41 PM  Show Profile
I've got exactly 9 bars from my last batch that I'll keep in reserve for the exchange, so I'm ready to go! Looking forward to seeing how many participants we get! =]

"If you think you're too small to make a difference in the world, try spending a night in a tent with a mosquito."
Farmgirl Sister #6227

Edited by - SlowQueen on Feb 25 2015 5:31:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  11:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
SlowQueen, yay!

Daizy, of course you can join us!

Anyone else want in on this swap or should we just move forward with the small group we have now?

:)

Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  1:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Okay! Count me in! I make soaps and sell them too. Would love to try others soaps!It is cured and ready to go!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  5:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
6 of us have replied here so far. Should we wait a bit longer for the 9 we were hoping for or should we just move forward with the 6 of us? I am fine either way!

:)

Go to Top of Page

SlowQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Gina
West Palm Beach Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2015 :  07:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Maybe we could wait until Friday 3/6/15 and close sign up?

Farmgirl Sister #6227
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2015 :  6:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Will do! ;)

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  08:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Ok, gals. Let's get this swap started!!!!

I need you all to please send me an email with your address so that I can send out a distribution list to all participants privately. Once I hear back from everyone, I will share the list and we can start mailing out our soaps!

Tucks not necessary for this swap as it will just be nice to exchange some homemade soap! Please do remember to include a description of your soap (ex: goat's milk soap with lavender essential oil).

hugs,
Rachell

Go to Top of Page

cntybuff
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Beth
Colusa California
79 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  6:34:32 PM  Show Profile
ok silly question what is a Tucks?
Thanks,
Beth

Beth
Farmgirl Sister #2591

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2015 :  09:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Tucks are any little extras you want to tuck in with your swaps when you do them. I don't think we need to worry about any tucks for this swap as the homemade swap will be nice enough in itself!

Go to Top of Page

SlowQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Gina
West Palm Beach Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  07:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Just checking in to see how the swap is coming along (also to remind myself that I need to save some bars for mailing) =)

Farmgirl Sister #6227
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  09:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Sorry gals, down with flu. Will exchange addresses with you all very soon, I promise.

Go to Top of Page

SlowQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Gina
West Palm Beach Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  11:00:36 AM  Show Profile
Aww Rachel, please take lots of rest and feel better soon! This flu that's going around is a real bad one. <3 Sending hugs <3

Farmgirl Sister #6227
Go to Top of Page

modernpioneermama76
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Rebecca
Cavour South Dakota
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  5:23:35 PM  Show Profile
I notice that I didn't get in on this in time. If you do it again sometime, I would love to join in.

Farm Families Forevermore
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Spring Homemade Soap Exchange! CLOSED Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page