5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  07:47:55 AM  Show Profile
I am trying to make up my mind whether to color or not too...
Id love to hear from you farmgirls what you think ....and maybe some kinds of hair color that are as natural as one can get....what do ya'll think?
THANKS !!!

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~*Terri*~~
Life is too short, it is just a vapor, live it like you wont have another minute with the ones you love......
http://thecontentedwomannow.blogspot.com/

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  08:16:53 AM  Show Profile
I color regularly at the salon and wouldn't stop. But if you are just starting to go then Let it go!

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  08:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Over ten years ago I colored my hair, but gave it up when I got so silver that the red color I liked no longer worked; it faded in weeks. Apparently red is the one color that doesn't last on grey hair; I know it didn't on mine.

I made peace with my hair and over time I find I like it - I like it a lot.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  12:13:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm a redhead and am going gray at my temples. I'm not really ready to start coloring. I've tried the washout types and they're ok. The thing that I have found that I like the best is Henna. It is extremely messy. But, it gives my hair the most natural look and even conditions it. It washes out, too.

Henna comes in many different hues. The brand I use is Light Mountain. Natural food stores usually sell it but it can be ordered online, too from several different resources.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Lisa Marie
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Lisa Marie
Lakeland FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  1:54:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Catherine, I'll look into this. Stopped coloring some time back when the search for non toxic chemicals in hair color became an awful task. Henna will be different but sounds doable.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  2:13:56 PM  Show Profile
I go to an AVEDA salon. Their colors are plant based. I'm a blonde (at a price HAHA) and have been very happy with the results I get there.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.

Edited by - nubidane on Jan 31 2015 2:14:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  4:26:23 PM  Show Profile
My grey is definitely making it's presence known :) I was born with dark brown hair and now the grey is coming in more. I haven't done anything in awhile but will be making an appointment soon to have blonde highlights and brown low lights put in. I'm hoping for a smoother transition :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  05:40:10 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, I like how you stated that..."a smoother transition". Man, isn't that right! A smoother transition into the aging process would be more tolerable instead of the 'turn 40 or 50 and everything goes downhill' process.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  5:56:20 PM  Show Profile
LOL cajun gal....I have been gray for about 15 years and my deceased hubby loved it,,,however, I dont,,,,so I thought i might try something different.it probably will shock my children LOL!....THANKS for all your help all you farmgirls....

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~*Terri*~~
Life is too short, it is just a vapor, live it like you wont have another minute with the ones you love......
http://thecontentedwomannow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Hair coloring opinions? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page