melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  08:16:24 AM  Show Profile
I've been following the news about Bud and June Runion and was stunned to hear their bodies had been found. I didn't know them, but was touched by how "normal" they appeared-Just a nice elderly couple.

We live in a wicked world.

I have stressed to my family on so many occasions to be careful "out there." And sad to say that I have tried to stress not to "trust" anyone they didn't know and with my daughter to always travel in pairs, etc. After hearing what happens over and over again it becomes so disheartening.....What is happening in our society?

Melody

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  10:10:29 AM  Show Profile
Yes so very tragic. One never knows. Let's be careful out there.
MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  12:26:13 PM  Show Profile
Once, I went to check out an ad in our local newspaper for a vintage treadle sewing machine. I always have my husband come along-He's the lifter!

We got to the residence-I knocked on the door-and an older fella opened the door. I mentioned the ad and he said come in. When I pushed the door open to let my husband come in with me-He grabbed the door to pull it shut it stating that in fact he no longer had the sewing machine. We got out of there quick. It left an impression on me that I will never forget. I just thank God that my husband was with me at the time. You are right-----We have to be "careful out there!"

Melody

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  10:18:11 AM  Show Profile
I didn't have a chance to read about them until last night, Melody. Oh my word, I just can't get over it. Those poor people. Break my heart! What I loved, though, was reading what their pastor said about them, and what they would say to those who are angry and mourning: Forgive the man, pray for him, and know that they are where they wanted to ultimately be - with the Lord. I really do pray that gives comfort to those who are suffering their loss. What joy and peace it brings to know that our suffering here is only temporary, and that we really do have Life Eternal with Him in THE Most Wonderful Place. I always try to remind myself that there is truly only a shadow between them and us. They suffer no more; they are alive, young, healthy and enjoying ALL that God has created and intended for us. There is no more stress, no more chaos, no more pain for them - only joy, wonder and delight! It is we who are left behind who suffer in this world, which is growing so cold, so harsh. We need to pray for people everywhere. Suffering, cruelty and injustice is rampant and quenches the hope that burns in the hearts of souls. We cannot let the world get to us - we need to let Him fill us, and flow through us! In times like this, when hope seems so bleak, we must find our way past discouragement and choose to create joy. We must hold on tightly to the chord of Hope. By so doing, by persevering in His Love and in the Hope He has given us, we make the world a much better place. We just have to always remember: Love conquers all, and He has already won! Let His Holy Spirit flow! Hugs and love - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bud and June Runion Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page