Author Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic What a mess Next Topic  

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  1:08:10 PM  Show Profile
Man, all this controversy about the deflated footballs in the Patriots and Colts game is a mess.

Coach Belichick doesn't have a good reputation with being a fair leader. It doesn't look good for him.

Sadly, he has probably ruined the name and the reputation of team players that had nothing to do with it.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  1:40:19 PM  Show Profile
It is a mess, Catherine. And having grown up a Patriots' fan, having sat on the cold metal bleachers of the former Foxboro, believe me their behavior in the past several years has been quite a disappointment. However, I don't believe the players didn't know. If you hold a football that is just shy of 2 lbs. of pressure in your hand, you know, as did the referees and the cameras. My thought on the whole thing is that if they cheated, they cheated, and should not be allowed to play in the Super Bowl at all, regardless of any other impuned fines and punishments. The teams who played fairly, at the very least, deserve a chance to redeem the spot for themselves. And the Colts, in my book, deserve to go instead of the Pats. The fact that the Pats are going to be allowed to play anyway makes me cringe. This is a mere slap to the hand, which has had no affect upon them with past indiscretions. Now is the time to send a strong message to them and the rest of the league that rules are rules and the men should behave like respectable men of the NFL that we all believe them to be, and that they should prove their worthiness of the positions to which they have been elevated.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 22 2015 7:29:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  2:03:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Colts fan - we certainly did not have a good game. However, regulations are there for a reason. It is an extreme embarrassment that someone plays at a professional level and thinks that cheating or skirting regulations is acceptable. I seriously doubt that the league will force the Patriots to forfeit the win but I would like to see Belichick suspended from the Super Bowl this year.

Go Seahawks - just for this year

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

http://EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  6:47:11 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I didn't realize that players would be able to tell the difference. That kinda stinks, because they played with it/them for some time before it was revealed. I'm curious to see who Belichick throws under the bus and lets take the blame for actually deflating the footballs.

I was talking with my hubby about all of this. I asked him if it's all found to be true, then will the team not be allowed to play. He tried explaining all the rules and regulations to me. I'm kinda like y'all....whatever punishment comes down isn't enough and they shouldn't play the Super Bowl.

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl, are the fans going to really feel that good about it? The win will always be clouded over with negative controversy.

I really feel sorry for the fans. I also hate the continued message of cheating that Belichick sends to our youth. Our youth need to see leaders and people in position of authority behave in an honorable way.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  7:30:49 PM  Show Profile
I feel saddened, too. Hopefully whatever actions are taken will be strong enough to make anyone think twice before doing this kind of thing again. :/

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic What a mess Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page