Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Dish Drainer Quilts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Dish Drainer Quilts Next Topic  

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  5:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
Any of you girls make these?

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2015 :  08:44:06 AM  Show Profile
I have been getting stuff together to make some. They will be so handy.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  08:12:15 AM  Show Profile
I sure do love mine. Both my daughter and I have several to match holiday kitchen décor. I also love how sanitary the idea is.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  11:24:25 AM  Show Profile
I make them and sell them! I'm about to post a couple in the marketplace, if you'd like to take a look! Or you can just email me too. :)

Curly's Quilts
My website:
www.curlysquilts.weebly.com
My Etsy shop:
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

Farmgirl #5076
I am a recyclin, home schoolin', home grown, hand sewn kinda farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  3:18:34 PM  Show Profile
I have made a few and have been given a few by special farm girls. I love to switch them around and during canning season I use them to put my jars on so my countertop is lined with them.

Hugs
Jule

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2015 :  9:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for all your replies girls.. I am looking for one with hen n rooster theme in reds , yellows, black ...I got a really cute apron from farmgirl grace. It is a beautiful pattern of hens n roosters...I would love to have one in this pattern or similar colors...I know the dish drainer " how to make" was in one of MJF magazine but I can' t find my since our move..lol If maybe you have any Sarah, I would be interested. I will try to locate your site...but I am tech challenged. .lol thanks again all...Blessings

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  2:32:43 PM  Show Profile
After seeing the dish drainer quilts I wanted to make one; but the truth is I don't like ruffles in my kitchen. I'm just not a frilly sort of FarmGirl.

Today I made one out of two kitchen towels. One new - one old. I laid the old one on the new towel and folded them over. After pinning all the way around I tied it all over with embroidery thread. Like the old quilts that weren't quilted but tied together.

Using the overhand stitch I sewed the three sides together. It's orange with variegated green thread. I like it and it suits my kitchen. Thanks Nana Shirl for the idea.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Dish Drainer Quilts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page