Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Martha Stewart magazine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Martha Stewart magazine Next Topic  

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  4:44:33 PM  Show Profile
I just got my Dec Martha Stewart magazine in the mail and it has a wonderful article about aprons. With instructions and patterns.
Enjoy,
Elizabeth

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  5:33:53 PM  Show Profile
oooh..I rarely buy it anymore (loved the first couple years) but this one sounds like it is worth getting!! THanks Elizabeth

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2006 :  9:14:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to have to copy it out of my mom's when I go up to visit for Thanksgiving! Thanks for the information!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  04:57:11 AM  Show Profile
Off to the library for me! And if it's a 'keeper', I'll go to the store and buy! Thanks for the tip. Did the November issue have an article about felting old sweaters, by the way? I'm interested in that, too.
Go to Top of Page

Wood Bee Farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Joanne
Folsom California
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  07:42:41 AM  Show Profile
We Farmgirls in Folsom, CA are doing a wool felting project out of the Nov issue of Martha Stewart's mag. I have been doing it for several weeks and when they all saw mine they wanted to do it too. Someone told me about the mag article, so cool enough. It is the first time I have ever purchased her mag. But I must say there is no comparison to Mary Jane's Magazine as she packs it to the brim with no advertising fluff. They are like volumnes of great information, surely keepsakes. Us farmgirls are building our own M.J. Libraries!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  11:48:06 AM  Show Profile
I love the MJ mag too, but it doesn't come out often enough for me! I'm a loyal Martha fan, from way back. Have picked up many many many projects and hints and recipes from her over the years. No longer a subscriber; I usually purchase the few a year that are 'must-haves.'

Hopefully MJ will include an article on wool felting sometime.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  12:48:09 PM  Show Profile
GIRLS,
Did you see the MARTHA STEWARD HOLIDAY HOMEMADE GIFTS, MAGAZINE THAT IS OUT NOW? Well its a winner.I think its one of her best. Of course it cost several thousand dollars but its a good one.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2006 :  04:43:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi, ladies. I just happened to be drawn to the crafts in the Dec issue of Martha Stewart and picked it up. How fun to actually have an apron article in it. It says here that you can visit www.marthastewart.com/living for complete how-tos and templates. So, any of you who do not have the issue can at least check out the styles and patterns there. I think the bakers apron was pretty easy and a winner for most women.

I have to agree with Nancy about her special HOLIDAY Homemade Gifts issue. I picked up a copy (around $6-7) and it is full of crafts, decorations and food gifts. It is a keeper for years to enjoy. I have plans to make variations of snowmen ornaments this year, and her pompom version is on my list of to do. There are not quite so many ads so it is a much more enjoyable issue than her regular one. I had to actually look up the apron article to find it amoung the ads (it is early i nthe issue, page 27)

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Martha Stewart magazine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page