Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  8:05:26 PM  Show Profile
As I was watching a new movie I rented.... SHALL WE DANCE with Susan Sirandon (sp?), Richard Greer and Jennifer Lopez The story line really hit home with me. My life has become so day in day out, so routine. Here I am with the new year approaching and of course my mind starts thinking about the proverbial New Years resolutions. I want my life to be more than just fine. My mid life mood has been simmering in my soul like a slow cooking stew. A change is coming for me, I feel it in my soul.

Janice Vintage Artist
Dream Big, Pray Bigger

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  10:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
I have sure been there. My life changed so much about 2 years ago, and i have enjoyed the ride. I hope you find true happiness.

Dream like you have a lifetime ahead of you. Live like you only have today.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  04:15:27 AM  Show Profile
Janice, I don't think you're alone in your feeling of routine. I like how you put it..."I want my life to be more than just fine" You also created a wonderful word picture with, "simmering in my soul like a slow cooking stew" Whatever change is coming for you might be a bit scary but it sounds like you are ready for an adventure.

When the time for those proverbial resolutions comes around, I want to avoid the typical lose weight and get healthy resolutions. I want to dig deeper into issues of character, forgiveness and showing love.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  09:05:40 AM  Show Profile
I do not like resolutions either. The usual ones set you up for failure. I resolve to change one thing in my life to make it better. So now I really need to lose weight. I eat pretty healthy now. I just need to get moving. This year I will join an exercise group at the clinic in which they do really gentle exercises for those of us who have low stamina. I like to take things one step at a time to slowly and carefully reach the result I am looking for.

Janice, when the life-changing event happens, you will know it. I always did.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  5:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jenny, Catherine & Marie for your comments. The simmering stew comment comes from my job as a cook at a pre-school. At one time in my life it was the perfect job for me ... Fast forward 8 year later is no longer full filling. I have been praying and asking God for a change for about a year. His response seem to be no, not yet. These past few day I feel His response is different... the change I have been asking for is coming soon.

Janice
Dream Big
Pray Bigger
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  6:45:20 PM  Show Profile
How fortunate we are in todays time to be able to make changes... 100 - plus years ago, women did not have option,,, or at least very few!

As for 'Shall We Dance",,, I need to rent that and watch it... sounds interesting...

Always be true to yourself, don't try to be someone else..... and "Be Happy",

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6919 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6919 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  01:44:34 AM  Show Profile
Prayers are answered when we are ready for them to be.

Janice, one thing I know about change is to get ready for it. The time between now and when it happens will be well spent honing your skills, pursuing new ones, and getting to know the woman you want to be.

Another way of saying it is that 'the in-between times are a time of preparation'.

As long as we live there will always be times of dissatisfaction with what we are doing, getting ready to do something about it, and reaching our goals - only to find out in time the process will start all over again.

Without the process of change we (especially women) will stop to grow and become old and stale in our spirits. Ageing is inevitable but not growing and changing is a choice.

But, and it's a big but, never let go of the core you, and hang on to your faith, beliefs, and principals.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014

Edited by - YellowRose on Dec 30 2014 02:18:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  5:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sara for that reminder of "the in-between time are a time of preparation."

Janice
Dream Big
Pray Bigger
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic A look at New Years Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page