Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 What did you get for Christmas (2014)?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Holidays: Previous Topic What did you get for Christmas (2014)? Next Topic  

csmartyonline
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Carole
Clarksville TN
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  04:07:29 AM  Show Profile
I got a "new" vintage lighted jewelry tree picture for my collection. I think it's my favorite.

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  05:49:30 AM  Show Profile
That is beautiful. I've never seen anything like that. I didn't even know something like that could be made. Stunning!

I've wanted a decorative windmill for my front yard for years. My kids got together and got me one!! I'll have to post a pic later.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  06:07:45 AM  Show Profile
My aunt used to have one of these, I think they are cool.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1692 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1692 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  08:19:13 AM  Show Profile
That's so beautiful Carole.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3947 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3947 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  08:19:52 AM  Show Profile
My DH really came through this year. He doesn't like to feel as if he HAS to give gifts. When he realized that his daughter and I had gotten him and each other gifts, he rethought his attitude and gave us both very thoughtful gifts. Here is mine.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1692 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1692 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  08:22:07 AM  Show Profile
Hit the submit before I was finished. I got a lovely leather western handbag with etching and silver brads.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2014 :  08:58:45 AM  Show Profile
I got tons of regional coffee from "back home"! Some cool things from across the world from my family's travels, gifts cards (to buy myself some books and crafting items!) and my husband surprised me with something I had wanted for a long time :) While it was fun to receive all those gifts, it was even more fun making gifts with my little ones and seeing the joy on their faces when we wrapped them and gave them or sent them out to family! What a blessed season it was this year, to give and also receive :)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  06:26:52 AM  Show Profile
Hubby gave me a gift certificate for a massage and money. He told me they were both safe gifts. Cannot disagree with that. The best present was having all three kids and all 6 grandkids here for a whole day. I do not care if it is on Christmas, I just want them home. They all live within 4 hours, so doable. Better than any other gift I could receive. Pooped, but happy.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  11:50:19 AM  Show Profile
Carole - that is just beautiful! I have never seen anything like it before, either! Love it!

Kem - my hubby likes "safe" gifts, too. Every year he asks me for a list of what I'd like, and picks gifts from it to put under the tree. This year, I just didn't have time and told him to throw caution to the wind and be creative. He got me a darling little watch, which I love, but my big surprise gift was a set of two handi-cut utility cutters. At first I was shocked and thought, "What the heck is THIS supposed to say?" But I smiled and told him how thoughtful it was. He got really excited that I "got" it, and started gushing over all the ways I'll be able to use them this summer for yard work and the garden. Soon I understood what he had intended, and it was super thoughtful. I like practical gifts, so I know his heart was in the right place, and I am grateful. But I'll tell ya, when I first opened the package, I was so stunned! They looked like huge, vicious animals ready to attack! LOL!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2014 :  5:02:40 PM  Show Profile
Nini, Practical gifts come in all shapes and sizes. I had to chuckle how you described the cutters. At first I thought they were rotary cutters for fabric. LOL HOpe you enjoy them this next spring. He probably has wonderful "projects" for you to do with those handy dandy cutters!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2015 :  10:50:16 AM  Show Profile
Kem - I don't think words can accurately describe them. Here is a picture of just one: http://www.sears.com/mayline-nh72-napoli-72inch-hutch-fully-assembled/p-SPA8S6648149808?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1 Pretty, huh? They ARE shiny, I'll give him that! LOL! In the package, the two looked like little dinosaurs or something. Good gravy, that gift was anything BUT romantic! Until, of course, I understood his intent. And I have to laugh, because as he was telling me about all those uses, I knew that although he thought they'd be great projects for me, that he would eventually take over and do them FOR me, as he always does! LOL! Whenever I've had tools, he has always "borrowed" them and I've never seen them again. To this DAY we still have an ongoing feud about my stepladder that he "borrowed" almost 30 years ago - and STILL carries around with him in his work truck! LOL! 'Just wondering how long before he's going to usurp these cutters! LOL! It's all good, though. When the projects are done, THEY will be the REAL gifts! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  11:02:22 AM  Show Profile
OK. I get it now that I have looked at the picture. We have a pair of those, come in handy. I cross craft so I am always borrowing his. Gotta love tools, the more the better.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5160 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5160 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  11:10:24 AM  Show Profile
Carole, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2015 :  11:22:36 AM  Show Profile
I got a great puzzle with holstein cattle. The picture was by Minnesota artist Bonnie Mohr. It was really difficult to put together but it was fun.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  2:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I received a trip to Arizona to visit my daughter and son-in-law. Our family chose to not shop for gifts for each other this year, but save our money for time with each other, travel and eating! We did enjoy seeing The Hobbit movie (Battle of Five Armies) and an afternoon at the very impressive Musical Instrument Museum. Lots of good eats and little excursious here and there.

(My hubby and son went too!)

My hubby tells my daughter that he bought me a radial arm saw for Christmas. It bought an antique one from the local salvage yard for HIMSELF is the truth. When he told her that she thought he said "radio alarm" and was wondering why he would buy me that? :D We got a good laugh out of that one!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  3:21:08 PM  Show Profile
CJ - Sounds like a lovely holiday to me! So happy you all were able to be together for the holiday! :) And love the Robin story... I do that same thing all the time! Too funny! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3947 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3947 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  3:43:37 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, a guy I know said he was buying a table saw as a Christmas present for his wife. We asked him if that was really appropriate. He said it was just a appropriate as the vacuum cleaner she was getting for him. LOL

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2015 :  3:44:06 PM  Show Profile
My husband bought me an antique radio that still works. For our 1st date of 2015, we are going to listen to some folk music on it after the kids go to bed. I can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  08:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Carole, I have never seen anything like your beautiful picture! LOOOVVEE it! Oh my...

Marie, I have one of those baskets, too. My mom gave it to me, so it is extra special. I use it all the time. I use it for veggies in the garden (I line it with a towel so it doesn't get dirty). I use it when I go to the farmers market. I use it to hold knitting projects. I use it in my knitting classes to hold a "bouquet" of yarn for my students to pick from the first class. There's just so much you can do with them. When it is not in use, it is a beautiful decor piece. Enjoy!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic What did you get for Christmas (2014)? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly