Author Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic 'Going to State' Next Topic  

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2014 :  07:28:44 AM  Show Profile
High School football is huge here in Texas. It is not unusual that the stadiums may be as nice as college stadiums. It's also not unusual for 10-20,000 people to show up at some games.

My husband is a loyal and committed fan of his high school in Orange, TX. We've been married 24 years and for those 24 years, he has traveled back home and to away games every season. In the beginning of our marriage it bothered me and we'd argue about him being gone every Friday night. Today, I'm glad to have Friday nights all to myself at home.

When we were dating, his school had just made it to 'state' 5 times and won two times back to back. So, for 20 something years, at the beginning of football season, I hear from him, "We're going to state this year. I just know it".

Well, this year, his team is just one game away from going to state. It's like a party around here. He's on the phone talking and texting his other fanatic buddies. They're all on the computer chatting about it and talking smack. He and his buddies are planning to travel 5 hours away for the state game....if the team makes it.

Lord, please help me if they lose. My hubby will be soooooo depressed.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2014 :  11:34:25 AM  Show Profile
Lord, please help them WIN! ;)

What fun you all must be having, Catherine! I hope they do well!

Keep us posted!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  05:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Well......(drumroll)..... My hubby's high school team won district and are going to state!!!

He and a bunch of buddies will be driving to Dallas, staying in a hotel, going to the game the next day and then driving back home. That is gonna be a testosterone filled trip. Yelling, high five-ing, junk food eating.

They are gonna have a blast.

Catherine
Sisterhood #76
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  05:58:43 AM  Show Profile
My hubby's team, the Mustangs, came out of half time in the lead with 25 to 7. It seemed as though it would be a huge win. Then, fumbles, turn overs, mistakes, and the other team won 35-25.

The drive home was quite different than the drive up there. Hubby and his buddies were so bummed.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page
  Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic 'Going to State' Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page