Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Help with my Janome- Please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help with my Janome- Please Next Topic  

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  12:24:41 PM  Show Profile
I have a new sewing machine- trying it out today. It looks like it is threaded correctly, but when I try to sew it won't go, I press on the pedal but nothing. It sounds like it wants to sew but the needle goes no where... any ideas what I am doing wrong??

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  1:50:42 PM  Show Profile
SO, I just called Janome and they were not helpful at all. Not sure what is wrong, but they would like me to send this brand new machine back to NJ to have them look at it. Couldn't trouble shoot over the phone...this is my second Janome that I have had and have had problems with both and got frustrated and gave up. I have had better luck with the 100.00 Brother from WalMart!!! I have learned my lesson this time around.

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  2:34:48 PM  Show Profile
Check that your bobbin winding system is not engaged. Remove the needle and bobbin and thread and see if it will run. Check your tension. note where it is so you know which way to go up or down. Make sure your the teeth under the foot are up some will drop down. Will it work by hand moving the wheel?
Good luck

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  2:40:16 PM  Show Profile
You might also have a nest of thread in the bobbin. Take off the plate and check and then make sure the bobbin stop is in the right place when you put it back together.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  3:18:35 PM  Show Profile
I've check it- I just don't know why it won't work...I'm just frustrated with this machine. I will try again tomorrow. Tonight will be hand stitching. Thank you for your help!!

Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  6:02:05 PM  Show Profile
Which model do you have?

I have a Janome 6600, 3160 and an older Kenmore (made by Janome) serger. All three run beautifully.

The Janomes with a separate bobbin case can be a little finicky, but they do sew a nice stitch once you get the hang of the bobbin case and threading the machine properly.

Edited by - bluebellequilts on Nov 12 2014 6:06:34 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help with my Janome- Please Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page