Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Fall Festival Sister Bay-Door County-WI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fall Festival Sister Bay-Door County-WI Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  09:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Spent yesterday at the 69th Annual Fall Festival in Sister Bay yesterday with husband and daughter Nan. A bit of a drive for us-but by boat would have taken only 20-minutes from our house across the bay to Door County! Beautiful countryside-the fall colors were gorgeous-reminds me of my home state of Maine in the autumn. The weather was crisp-but the vendors were plentiful, varied and wonderful. I was able to talk to some weavers about rag rugs-they own over 13 looms!

We took advantage of a wonderful local store and purchased some beautiful Honey Crisp apples-Door county is well known for their apples and cherry products....

We had lunch at the famous Al Johnson Restaurant-where goats actually traipse around atop the roof of the restaurant. All the staff are dressed in Swedish period clothing and we enjoyed Swedish Pancakes with lingonberry jam....What fun!

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  5:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like a lovely day, Melody! And, the goats . . . would be entertaining! The pancakes sound delicious!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3442 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3442 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  04:26:43 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful pic. Your day must have been so relaxing and fun. Those pancakes and jam do sound yummy!

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  05:15:10 AM  Show Profile
Sounded like the perfect way to spend a coo, crisp, autumn day! So glad you have such a wonderful experience. I love lingonberries too.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  06:00:54 AM  Show Profile
I had the pleasure of visiting Door 'County a few years ago when the cherry trees were in bloom. What a beautiful place it is on the big Lake Michigan! I bet their annual festival was not only beautiful but packed full of fun. I did not know that Honey Crisp apples were one of their specialties! They are the best apples !

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fall Festival Sister Bay-Door County-WI Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page