FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  1:54:38 PM  Show Profile
When we rebuilt our house, DH insisted on an automatic dishwasher. I relented and he got one. I hate it! Seems like I get dishes out that are dirtier than when I put them in.
I have also had many conversations with him about what can and absolutely cannot go in the darn thing. He ruined several of my vintage aluminum tumblers and a few vintage pyrex pieces. When he melted a plastic (bpa free) sun tea jar. I lost it. It went in a gallon size. It came out jelly jar size.

Do any of you have the dirtier dishes problem? How did you solve it.
We scrape and rinse (a complete waste of time to me - why not just wash them in the sink if you are going to do all that.) and we have cleaned the drain screen. I even bought a container of dishwasher cleaner thinking that would help. A waste of $4, but it did smell better.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  10:35:27 AM  Show Profile
I don't have this problem but I do give everything a good wash with a sponge, rinse and then put it in the dishwasher. This way there is nothing in the screen and the dishes come out perfectly clean. A dishwasher does sterilize everything and is a more sanitary way of doing dishes. I have a Maytag and it works perfectly for us. Good luck on learning what works best for yours.

Dawn in IL

Edited by - ddmashayekhi on Oct 08 2014 3:58:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  11:21:53 AM  Show Profile
Check water pressure, water temperature, kink in the drain line. My spigot on the water was not turned on all the way. The old hot water heater was not heating the water hot enough. And when we pushed the dishwasher in it kinked the drain line and it shot all that food back to the dishes. I would never want to go back to doing dishes by hand. Now if I could just get a automatic vacuum that would be able to do all the floors in my house. These are the 2 jobs I do not like. Oh and get good soap for the thing cheap soap does not do it.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Oct 08 2014 11:22:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  12:28:54 PM  Show Profile
You are absolutely right on the cheap soap. I was having to use more than one "cell" for each load. Now he buys Cascade platinum. I still don't like the darn thing, but if it gets him to clean the kitchen and dishes - then so be it.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Dishwasher question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page