Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Moving Anxiety
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Moving Anxiety Next Topic  

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  07:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls!
I am requesting prayers. I am finally buying a small property and house to follow my farmgirl dreams. I should be ecstatic, but I am an anxiety ridden wreck. Nothing seems to be going right, which I guess is normal, but my realtor advised me poorly and my current house has not yet sold, which makes money tight and the realtor advised me to rent even tho it is against my land lease. So my already shaky trust in him took a nose drive.
Please pray for some peace for me, if this is God's will. And a buyer for my current house. After much prayer, I really thought it was. I am widowed and the kids are grown, yet still too young to be good advisors. I so need someone to talk to but I have no one, at least who could offer more than a sympathetic ear.
Closing is next Wednesday.
Thank you so much.
Jenne.f

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6914 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6914 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  08:20:33 AM  Show Profile
Jenne, any change whether good or bad is stressful and I am so sorry your home has not sold.

When we pray and the Lord is working on it all we can do is have faith that it will work out for the best. Think of all the things He has to do to line up a buyer. He is a awesome God and for us that believe He may not be early with an answer to our prayers but he is never late.

I am a single woman of 72 and three years ago I moved from the home where I had raised my son to a smaller home 100 miles away to be near sisters. It was a good thing for me but it still bought with it the fear of starting over again & leaving my social life of thirty-odd years behind.

It's been hard here to find a place for me socially but little by little it's happening. Being with all the ladies here on the farm has helped a lot. Conversation with like minded women is a wonderful thing to have.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  8:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Amen to that Sara, and my prayers go out for you Jenne.

Take care and Blessings.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  06:04:10 AM  Show Profile
Jenne, I am sorry that you are finding yourself in the complications of home buying and selling. Indeed, it would be stressful for anyone in your shoes!! The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that your current house on the market is a spiffed up in the inside and outside as much as possible. Good curb appeal like some simple flowers and an inside that is very clean and move in ready can help potential buyers see your place full of possibilities for themselves. It is worth the extra time and effort to have the yard all cleaned up, neat, and tidy. The inside needs to have carpets cleaned and floors sparkling. Kitchens are very important too so make sure the appliances are all cleaned up and shining their best. If there are any house odors, make efforts to eliminate them and use some Febreeze in any dark and musty areas. My daughter sells real estate in Asheville, NC and new home buyers have many options to look at. Your ace up your sleeve is to make sure that your asking price is giving them some benefits, like clean and move in ready, over competing properties that may cost less or slightly more than yours. Never under estimate the power of how a house presents. If you need to touch up the paint on the front door, then do so. If you can leave some curtains in place, that can help too. Marigolds in a small area near the front door would make a nice touch. Of course it all boils down to whether an interested person can get financing, so make sure your realtor is showing you comparable sales for houses like yours to make sure you have the asking price in a range that is competitive. You can also demand that the realtor do an Open House. If you are in the process of moving out, then complete the move out, clean up your place and do the Open House. The realtor will invite other realtors to see the place as well as there can be walk-ins from the public. You can also "fire" the current realtor and get a new one if you feel you are not getting the service you deserve. They all work for commission and so you don't owe them any allegiance.

Moving is always a huge deal, but you can take more control over what is happening and that might help you feel better and allow you to think about what you can do to make your home more market competitive. Good luck and let us know how things progress!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  06:39:06 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all the encouragement and suggestions. I am so
overwhelmed and Sara's (Yellowrose)reminded me that I do not do well with change.
I will take all your suggestions and ideas to heart and (not
surprisingly), since I posted this I have found a new inner
Strength which is throwing a wrench into my realtor's pushy plans.
thank you all and I still request prayers and thank you for them.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  06:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you in this stressful time. Glad to hear God has blessed you with some strength :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  07:20:12 AM  Show Profile
Jenne, you hang in there, girl. Don't let another worry about the realtor enter your thoughts. If you know that renting your current home is against the mortgage agreement and you want to do the right thing and not rent it,then that's what you stick to. God will honor your decision.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  11:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I will be praying Jenne. I have no suggestions to offer since we've never had to sell or buy a house. We built our own on acreage that was part of our family farm deeded to us by my dad.
But I can pray and I trust the Lord will give you peace, strength and direction!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  1:29:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks CJ....
As the day approaches, Wednesday, I debate between moving and not moving.
I was never good at making decision! The best decision I ever
made was to trust God.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  2:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenne,

I am praying for the Lord to make it very clear what His will is for you concerning purchasing a home. It just may be nerves since you have prayed and believed that it was His will. Praying for peace in your heart, discernment and wisdom and if you do go ahead for the Lord to send along someone soon to purchase your old home.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  7:10:43 PM  Show Profile
Praying!!!!!!!
Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  04:34:52 AM  Show Profile
I would most definitely fire your current realtor. They work on commission, so the farm you purchased he will get a commission on that. A good realtor would have made the farm you intend to buy contingent on the sale of YOUR home you are in now.
I know that there are MANY professional realtors out there, but like everything in this world there is good and bad, we just have to be able to sort through it.
I have fired more than one realtor in my time.
There are things that you yourself can do too. Try to make your home more appealing to buyers, stage if you have to, clean up toys, declutter (when people see clutter they think NO storage) paint walls neutral... people have to imagine themselves in the house. It all works!
But don't let your realtor tell you to drop the price, if it is already in line with other homes in the area.
Also make sure that any realtor is advertising in every possible place he or she can.
Good luck.

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  06:37:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Jenne! You poor thing! This agent really sounds like he either doesn't care (selfish and only sees the money and sale notch on his belt) or doesn't know what he is doing. Has he even shown your present home or done anything to help you sell? Would it be possible for you to postpone the closing until you get some other legal and/or realtor's advice? I wouldn't feel good about this transaction at all, either, and probably would refuse to move forward until I had a better picture of my true options. Teri's right, I would want to fire the current agent, but before doing so, I would make sure I have every bit of correspondence on file as well as thorough notes (preferably with dates and times) as a record of all verbal interaction and advice he as given you. I would also seek alternate professional advice (with the bank, another realtor and even an attorney) to find out how to pursue this situation further. If you explain this situation to them, I'm sure they will give you sound advice. Sounds as though you might have legal options, especially if this guy is advising you to go against your land lease. Wow! Unbelievable! Where are his scruples?!?! Something seems to be rotten in Denmark, sister, and you need to protect yourself. The one thing that sticks out in my mind is that nothing is final until the papers are signed. I don't want you to miss out on your dream property, but I also don't want you to lose everything you have and have hoped for by entering into a bad deal. This sounds like a lot more than a simple case of cold feet. If things don't seem right, the Lord is probably speaking to your heart to make sure all the ducks are in a row before pursuing it any further. Perhaps you can postpone the closing for a few days or even a week until you can find out what your legal options are.

There is a type of loan called a bridge loan which might help you: http://homebuying.about.com/od/financingadvice/qt/0407BridgeLoans.htm . There is also a thing called a contingency contract, which requires that your home be sold before you can purchase the new one. Most realtors will advise you of both in addition to the rental option and advise you of which is best for your situation prior to you making and purchasing decisions. Sounds like you really have been advised badly and haven't had things adequately explained to you. There has to be some sort of recourse - it's killing me that this agent has put you in this situation.

Here is an article that may give you a better picture of your options: http://www.realtor.com/advice/how-do-i-purchase-a-new-home-when-my-current-home-hasnt-sold/ .

I don't know what recourse you have at this point, and I do realize that the closing is quickly approaching; but, again, nothing is final until the papers are signed. You might be better off betting out of the contract rather than following this guy's advice which seems to lean toward your detriment: http://www.zillow.com/blog/how-to-get-out-of-a-real-estate-contract-106055/ . Real estate contracts are usually written in the buyer's favor. This may mean losing your deposit, though. http://www.realtor.com/advice/can-cancel-real-estate-contract/ .

Whatever you do, it would behoove you to seek the advice of a real estate attorney before closing. Even if you can't afford one, there should be a legal help line in your area where you can run the situation by someone who can either give you quick advice or direct you to a list of attorneys who can help you pro bono. Seriously, it can't hurt to call, sister. It is driving me bonkers to think that this person has taken advantage of you like this.

No matter what, Jenne, you can rest assured that the Lord is always working behind the scenes on our behalf. Whatever happens, He has a plan and a reason for you to be in this very situation right now. I'll be praying that He gives you peace that surpasses all understanding, keen insight, great wisdom and provisions beyond measure in this situation. And I will also DEFINITELY be praying that you get all the best help available, and that your present home miraculously sells very, very soon.

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 21 2014 06:39:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  04:15:14 AM  Show Profile
Jenne,

Your moving situation reminds me very much of mine about 2 years ago. We had our house on the market for almost a year and it didn't sell. I found a house that we fell in love with in the country, and we just went for it. We had 2 house payments for a year after that. It was stressful, but I wouldn't have done it differently. Given how long it took us to sell our house, the one we wanted probably wouldn't be there anymore. Hopefully this isn't the case for you! Our house was a little unique, and a little small, so it took awhile but my point is, if you love this new house and it's YOUR HOUSE, you know, the one you've waited for, just go for it and trust God. I'll pray for you, for your anxiety, and that the circumstances will all work out in the end, regardless of what you decide to do. Best of luck with everything! Trust the Lord!! :)

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"Autumn ~ a second spring when every leaf is a flower. " - Albert Camus

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  2:23:43 PM  Show Profile
Dear Farmgirls,
Thank you all for your prayers and advice. I think Nini has it right, if
God is allowing this much anxiety, there is a reason. Once, I talked to my
brother, I took his advice and said I was declining the house. Of course, no
one was happy, including me. But the anxiety is gone AND each day I learn
new things that prove my decision was right. Seems, everyone was pushing this
sale and an appraisal that was ordered came up short, so a few adjustments
were made to make it appraise. Not truly illegal changes, but really pushing
all the buttons possible.
So, I will loose part of my deposit, but I learned a lot, most importantly that
God is with me, but also I CAN get a mortgage, all those so very important
contingencies and never make decisions when I am tired.
I will keep looking and trust that God will provide something even better.
Thank you all for standing by me during this time.
Farm sisters are the best sisters!!!

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  05:49:54 AM  Show Profile
Jenne I'm glad to hear that you made a decision and are happy about it! I'm sure God will lead you to your perfect house at the perfect time.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"Autumn ~ a second spring when every leaf is a flower. " - Albert Camus

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  12:12:56 PM  Show Profile
Jenne, I'm so glad you found peace in all of this. I really didn't want to see you lose your dream home, and I do feel badly about that. As far as your deposit - you may have recourse to recoup that from the shady realtor, if you should decide to pursue it; but I don't know if it would even be worth it, to be honest. I am sorry you're losing money, truly. I'm just so very glad that you weren't pressured into doing something this big when it just didn't feel right. You've got great instincts, sister, and the courage to match. Making that decision wasn't easy - it took a lot of strength to trust in your instincts and act on them the way you did. You're pretty darned amazing, in my book! :) I'm sure God has something wonderful in store for you, and will bless you abundantly for keeping your personal standards in line with His. You GO girl! I'm truly excited to see His plans for you unfold... Be sure to keep us in the loop so we can celebrate with you, okay?! :) Hugs and love - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 24 2014 12:13:41 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Moving Anxiety Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page