Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic If animals could talk... Next Topic  

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  06:33:00 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes I have a dialogue with my animals. I look at their face and can almost hear them talking back to me.

This morning, one of our 7 cats was hanging off the screen on the back porch door and just wailing. I stood by the door and glared at him. He stopped meowing and looked back at me as if saying,"Hey lady, I'm hungry. Get out here right now"

What have your animals said to you?

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

7008 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
7008 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  06:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Maggie, my 8 year rat terrier, follows me around, with one of socks in her mouth, when she is ready to go to bed at night.

She also lays in front of the stove when there's something cooking in the oven.

By her actions she gets her point across - either go to bed or feed me.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  07:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
My English bull terrier, Rosie, has such an expressive face. Sometimes it feels like I can read her mind.

Inside me there is a skinny girl crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2014 :  08:56:58 AM  Show Profile
Miss Kitty sits outside my bedroom door and meows about 6:45 am "time to feed the kitty." She will sit in the kitchen door and stare at me in the living room if she can see any of the bottom of her kibble dish, if I ignore her, she will come and pat me on the leg and start walking to the bowl, stopping to look over her shoulder to be sure I am coming and there is the "2 am cat snack alarm" if I forget to top the kibble off before I go to bed, and the leg pat with the sit and stare if her water needs to be refreshed. There is a small pillow that she sleeps on in my lap and she knows whether or not I have "her" pillow in "her" spot, and will give me "the evil cat eye" if I don't comply immediately. Miss Kitty is also the "how sick are you" detection device, the if she sleeps close to you when you are sick that means you are really sick and when she starts sleeping further away you are getting better. My sweet girl is 14 now and such a wonderful little soul.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic If animals could talk... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page