Michele_72
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Michele
Saxton PA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2014 :  9:23:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I realized tonight when I joined July 2nd I never posted and properly introduced myself! My name is Michele - I'm 42 - Blessed with a wonderful husband and I have four children (ages 25, 21, 20 and 17) - and I have an 8 yr. old grandson! I'm from a small rural area in south central PA. I have a variety of hobbies and interests including working in our garden and camping! - and I have recently purchased an old lil' camper - that I'm redecorating and she will be used for glamping! I enjoy a lot of things - crafting (all kinds ranging from paper items, drawing, painting, painting ceramics to wood working!), photography - and well, I don't sew very well - but I pretend that I do! LOL... However I believe that I'm about to become better acquainted with my sewing machine! I have a home based bakery. - It allows me to work from home and be here with my 21 yr. old son (he has autism). Since joining - I have been grabbing my coffee, sitting down - spending hours reading here! I'm thankful to be part of such an amazing group of women! I don't have a farm - but I should!

Michele
Farm Girl #5969
~I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me~

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2014 :  05:50:54 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Michele! Oh my, you have a full life. You're right, you are Blessed. Looking forward to hearing more.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2014 :  06:09:17 AM  Show Profile
Michele, welcome and so glad to meet you. Looking forward to hearing more about your bakery.

Fixing up the camper must be a lot of fun. You can let your imagination run wild when decorating. I know I would.

Hugs, Sara
Walk in Peace.
Live with Joy.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2014 :  10:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Michele. I look forward to hearing more about you and your bakery.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2014 :  06:49:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Michele. Welcome to the farm. Love the idea of a home based bakery. I decorate cakes and cookies. I only wish I could find a delicious gluten free cake recipe. :) I have been gluten free for 2 years and have not had a good cake since. :( I also make a pie a week for a random neighbor. :) Glad you have arrived here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  5:22:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey there, Michele! Another PA girl here - I'm out near Pittsburgh! I'm wondering what your summer has been like? Has it been as wet and autumnal as ours has been? Some schools here have already started session - I can't believe it! And it sounds like we're in for a nasty winter!!! Are you ready?! Well...just so glad you've joined us! 'Looking forward to getting to know you better! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2014 :  3:08:30 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Michele from Florida! So nice to meet you and have you join in. What sorts of things do you make in your home bakery? We all love a good baked good recipe here on the site too! Lots of great cooks coast to coast.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

Michele_72
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Michele
Saxton PA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2014 :  8:38:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the welcomes! I'll try to combine everything into one reply... My bakery - I mostly do custom cakes and cupcakes. I will make anything - but that's mainly what I stick to. Making sculpted cakes and all is just like a craft to me - and I love crafting!
My "glamper" project has been at an abrupt halt because I've been so busy baking. I'm hoping to get out and work on it some more next week. I was hoping that I'd have had it done before now but it's just sitting there - calling my name, waiting!
Nini- Our summer - has passed by too fast and yes, wet and autumn like... Our local school starts on the 27th. Not sure why they chose to start on a Wednesday, but they are! I have family out your way - they are in Sutersville, Lowber, Elizabeth areas.

Hugs,

Michele
Farm Girl #5969
~I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me~
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  12:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Michele,
Welcome to the Connection . . . a wonderful place to be!
Enjoy!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  10:02:38 AM  Show Profile
Glad to have you with the Farm Girls Michele! I've loved doing swaps, barters and more here. So, just jump in and get your feet wet!

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

Country Yankee Gal
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Rosemarie
Charleston area South Carolina
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  12:06:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Michele! I'm new here, too (a couple days). Nice to "meet" you. A home bakery? Wow...that's awesome! You'll have to share some recipes with us, for sure.

Rosemarie
~ Planting Yankee roots in Southern soil

www.sanctuarygardener.com
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi - from Saxton, PA Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page