YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

7006 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
7006 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  1:06:27 PM  Show Profile
My Maggie is a 8 year old Rat Terrier who guards me as only a little terrier can. Little in size but big in heart. She has been with me since she was 5 weeks old.

Lucky, is my neighbors dog but he guards me and my house too. Just a pup he showed up about a year ago and never left. He's part boxer so he can back up his bark while Maggie just barks.

Hugs, Sara
Walk in Peace.
Live with Joy.

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  2:13:23 PM  Show Profile
I have a rat terrior as well, his name is "Pickles", he is a great mouser, and also guards who ever is eating, he figures that since he protected you and your food, he will get rewarded with a bite or two,lol...rescued dogs are some of the best dogs in the world, you hear stories all the time of rescued dogs saving their humans lives...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

7006 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
7006 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2014 :  2:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Tina, we do love our Rat Terriers - Don't we. Maggie isn't a mouser but she makes up for it by keeping my lap warm.

Scully, my Rat Terrier, that passed away from cancer a year before I got Maggie, was a mouser & hunter. She went blind at 10 years but was still hunting snakes.

Two weeks before Scully died my neighbor killed a snake in her sewing room and she called me to bring Scully up to check it out to make sure there were no more snakes. I reminded her that she was blind but she said that didn't matter. She wanted Scully. I took her and when I sat her down in the room she went straight to the corner where the snake had been killed and then searched the entire room.

Scully's record of kills:
1 cotton mouth water moccasin
2 copper heads
over 100 field mice & barn rats - when there was nothing to hunt on my 1/2 acres she hunted my neighbor's 18 acres & barn.

Hugs, Sara
Walk in Peace.
Live with Joy.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Maggie & Lucky Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page