True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  5:41:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi dear sisters -

'Just want to let you know that our dear old girl Pawlee is now at rest. Thank you so much for your prayers over these past couple of years. She had been rapidly declining, and due to heartbreaking incidents over the past few days, we knew it was time. She was just suffering so much, and although she was trying to fight, God bless her, her struggle was just too great. It was time for merciful love. It was such a difficult and painful decision, because, of course, we wanted her to be with us forever, and also because it came upon the eve of our son's 18th birthday; but we all knew that it was necessary not to wait any longer. She passed surrounded by love, her head in my hands and my husband's, me kissing her, stroking her, and speaking gentle loving words of comfort to her. Our son was overcome with grief and unable to bring himself to be in the room; but he was greatly comforted by a perky, cheerful little puppy patient in the waiting room who found him to be the most interesting, exciting person she had ever met. She was a very much needed blessing, indeed.

Pawlee rests now in her favorite spot under her beloved antique lilac, right where she loved to be. She is right there, overlooking the garden, and just under the laundry line where she would sit every morning as I hung out the clothes. She loved to lie there and "protect" me by barking to chase away the birds and squirrels. She actually told us that's where she wanted us to be. As we took her for one long, last trip to the backyard, my son and I were tearfully debating what to do with her remains. She worked up her energy to rise, walked over to her special spot under the cool shade of the lilac and started digging around a bit. Then she slowly turned and looked at each of us, staring into our eyes before returning to lie down where she had been resting at my feet. As always, we were in awe of her. What an amazing, amazing girl.

Oh, my... This is just so hard... More painful than I think any of us could ever have imagined. This precious life was such a big part of us for so, so long. She was almost 14 1/2, and everyone said she was the happiest, sweetest, most loving dog they ever knew. How does one reconcile with such a loss? When will the emptiness stop aching so? <Sigh.> We'll get through it one day at a time, as the joyful memories of our beloved girl help fill that emptiness in our hearts with her legacy of sweet, unconditional love. Today we spent quite a few hours reminiscing in laughter and tears... It's going to be okay... She is still here... She continues to live on our hearts! Love never dies!

Please know, I’m so sorry for all of you who have gone or are going through this. I know how much we love our fur babies, and I don’t think anything can prepare us for the overwhelming grief we feel when we they leave us. It’s so wonderful, though, to think of her in Heaven now... young, healthy and free... a puppy again, chasing birds and squirrels, running and bounding through the verdant fields, joyfully playing with her best buddy Harley… and knowing that she will be there waiting to greet us when it’s our time to go Home. We are not in a rush to get there at all; but oh, when we do, what a joyful reunion it will be! :)

Peace be to our beloved girl, Pawlee - the best dog and friend that ever was. We can't imagine life without you, sweetheart, but we know we will see you again one day, our dear, sweet girl! We love you! God, please bless her and keep her happy, safe and loved under the shadow of Your Wing! Thank you that we can entrust her to your ever-loving care! Amen!

Love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jul 30 2014 5:46:11 PM

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  6:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Dear Nini, I am so sorry, all I can think of to do is reach across the distance that separates us and give you a heartfelt hug. Hugs Karla
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  6:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini! Many hugs and prayers for you and your family!!!! Indeed our four legged fur babies are part of the family!!! (((hugs)))!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  6:33:12 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
I'm so sorry to hear that your beloved and loyal friend Pawlee has passed over the rainbow bridge. It is hard, and the grief is strong and at the surface right now and for a very long time to come.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It will take a long time to get through this. A member of your family that has been with you for 14+ years is gone. It will hurt for a long time to come, but with time the pain you feel will lessen. I also have lost a loyal friend and companion.
Praying for you and your family.

Teri
"There are black sheep in every flock"

www.whitesheepfarm.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/whitesheepprimitive
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  6:55:25 PM  Show Profile
Nini, so sorry about your sweet Pawlee.I am crying just reading this post I can feel your sorrow. I am glad you all were able to be there for her in the end. She knows how much you all loved her. It is truly hard to let them go.Its going to be so painful for quite awhile but in time it does get easier. When we put Toby down at 8 yrs old from cancer I thought I was going to die with grief. Now I can remember him with smiles now when before it was only tears. Good memories is what I have to cherish now.I hope in the future you can feel the same way. Big hugs to you and your family.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Jul 30 2014 6:57:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  7:13:55 PM  Show Profile
so very sorry for your loss, and very happy that she is at peace and pain free...you will never forget her, and it will get a little easier with time as all the wonderful memories flood thru your mind as you think of her, and your tears turn to happy tears...my baby girl passed 7 yrs ago, and I still reach down to put my hand on her head as I'm reading, but she will be there, as your girl will when its our time to see them again...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  7:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini!
The lilac will bring you comfort for times to come.
And you were a blessing to your sweet girl.
THAT, I know for sure.
Bless you my sweet sister
Lisa

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5183 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5183 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  7:28:51 PM  Show Profile
Nini, prayers for you! I have been where you are too many times the last 40 years. I have a cat that is 21 years old and I am cherishing every day I have left with her.

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2014 :  05:36:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, girls... You are the best. It's okay... It will be, at least. It's just so new and so raw. Such a mind-boggling cacophony of emotions. I just want her back, you know? I just want her back. There have been very few times in my life when I can remember ever feeling so heartbroken. But we all go through it. We all experience profound loss, and in time, we all get through it. Time heals and joyful memories fill the emptiness, and it does get easier, you're right. It won't always feel this way. We just have to be patient with our hearts as they work through this. Being together again? That's what Heaven is for. Truly. That's what Heaven is for. It will be okay. :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2014 :  05:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
So sorry Nini, I too lost my best friend in February, think of all the great times you all shared, but darn it hurts! Roxanna

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2014 :  6:18:12 PM  Show Profile
It's so hard to bear these necessary acts, isn't it? Bless you, Nini, and all your family, no matter how many legs they have.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2014 :  7:01:37 PM  Show Profile
Nini--I know it hurts so much to let them go. I still miss my Boxer. But they know when it's their time and yes, we will see them again in heaven. Pawlee knew she was loved and that's what matters. And the love she gave you will live in your heart. (((hugs)))
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2014 :  12:32:08 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOOH Nini,
Wrapping you in "hugs" ! I hope brighter days for you soon but it's hard right now I know.
Hugs Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  5:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I'm so sorry. Many hugs and prayers. My girl is 14 in October and she will just break my heart too. I have been down this road one to many times and I try not to think about it. Peace my friend.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  6:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
(((((Hugs))))) so sorry for your loss!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2014 :  03:53:46 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I am so sorry for your families loss. We lost our Mandi May 2 weeks ago Monday and I am really struggling with the loss of a friend. Oh, but it is so good to have friends here to help us along! I will be praying for you. Your words just speak to my heart as I sit here tearing up.
(((Hugs)))

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  11:50:47 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I just read this post. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  6:47:18 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I am so sorry for your loss. I could feel your pain through your words and it makes me just want to reach out and hug and cry with you. You provided the best of everything for her and I have no doubt that Pawlee had a wonderful and loving life with you and your family.

You and your son will be in my prayers.

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

www.etsy.com/shop/FeedSackFarm
www.etsy.com/shop/Chronographica
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  06:19:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh Nini! I didn't know... I am so sorry. I will call you this afternoon. We are long overdue a chat.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2014 :  08:05:17 AM  Show Profile
Nini,

I am SO SORRY!!! I wish that I could visit you and give you the hugest hug and pray for you. I am keeping you and your family in prayer for strength and comfort. I know that it is hard to imagine but time does heal. Love you Nini!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2014 :  07:34:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh... it's okay... I'm okay, girls, really. Thank you so much for all your kindness and love. I had a really good cry when I was finally alone the other day. I held her collar and leash up close to my chest and just let it all out. Since then, I've felt much better. It just takes getting used to, you know? Everyone keeps asking if we'll get another dog to fill the void. I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I know eventually I am going to want another canine companion, but for now, I just want to cherish the memories of Pawlee and give my heart some time.

A dear friend from back home sent me this about the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure many of you already know it, and I think I may have even seen it here in the posts before, but I loved it so much that I still want to share:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

.... Author unknown

It's all good... "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven." - Ecclesiastes 3:1

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Just To Let You Know... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page