Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Chickweed & apple cider vinegar solution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Chickweed & apple cider vinegar solution Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2014 :  4:27:56 PM  Show Profile
Last year I made a solution of chickweed and apple cider vinegar. When you dilute it with water, you can put it on places where you've contracted poison ivy and it makes it stop itching. I haven't tried it until today. I picked up some dead branches in the yard that I had trimmed a couple days ago. I don't know it I have poison ivy but my arm started itching and turning red where I'd held the branches. So I put some on it. It still itches a little but it's not as red. You make it by picking the chickweed and putting it in the vinegar and leave it for a couple days. Then you strain out the chickweed. You dilute with water (about fifty-fifty) and put it on the itchy places. Thought I'd pass it on.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

ramonaj
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

rhonda
gibsons british columbia
Canada
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2014 :  7:33:19 PM  Show Profile
thanks for the tip! chickweed is good for so many things...

happiness to all sentient beings
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2014 :  8:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Yes, it seems to have worked! My arm is fine now, no itchiness and no redness.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Country Yankee Gal
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Rosemarie
Charleston area South Carolina
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  9:14:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey there. I'm new to the forum (joined yesterday), so I just found your poison ivy treatment. Thanks for sharing! My yard is full of chickweed. I'm going to make a batch of this...in case. :)

Rosemarie
~ Planting Yankee roots in Southern soil

www.sanctuarygardener.com
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Chickweed & apple cider vinegar solution Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page