Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 A Dear Friend In Need of Prayer... It's Big...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic A Dear Friend In Need of Prayer... It's Big... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

<Sigh> Okay... here goes:

You may remember a couple of times a while back that I have requested prayer for my neighbor, Karen. She has been suffering with cancer for years. Initially she had been diagnosed with breast cancer, but it has metastasized to several different places. She has had several successes followed only by setbacks, and over the past few months she has been feeling very beaten up physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually between all the treatments and recurrences... She's simply exhausted. It never seems to end for her. Just when she thinks it's going to be all right, she gets socked again. It's a nightmare for her, and yet she always makes time to be there for everyone else, God bless her. She's amazing.

Well, today my son and I ran into her husband at the grocery store. His eyes welled with tears as he told us that yesterday she had gone for some scans because they feel now it may have metastasized to her brain. I did everything I could not to crumble, and he did everything he could to leave our presence quickly so that we would not see him fall apart. So heartbreaking. When I got home, I was in between appointments and errands, so I shot her a quick email just to let her know I am praying and to see if we could get together tomorrow to talk, pray and just be together. I just got finished reading her response. Here is part of what she said:

"Well, it turned out to be pretty bad. I got a call before dinner. I have ca in three places in my brain and brain swelling. I don't know any more. I'm on steroids now every six hours. Tomorrow they will call me. I was supposed to have chemo Thurs. but now that May change. I have to start radiation right away. I also have a tumor in my neck, a little spot on my lung and in several places in my back-one vertebrae is disintegrating. I suppose they will call me early and I will have to go up right away. I don't know how big the brain ones are or where they are. I am numb. I know two people who died with it in their brains and it was awful. I am just numb."

Girls, this is my dear friend, my precious friend whom I love. She is such a beautiful woman of faith, such a dear heart, such a sweet, loving human being. I wish you could know her, because you would adore her just as much as my family and I do. And her husband is her equal in every way. We just love them so much. Will you please pray for her? I know how much it would mean to her to know people are praying for her and her family. And truly, I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for her myself!

Thank you so much. God bless you for your loving, caring, praying hearts. Farmgirls are the best!

Hugs and love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  10:43:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini! There are no words! Know that we are praying for you and for your neighbor!!! May God wrap His loving arms around all of you!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  02:41:29 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, Shannon. I'm okay, honest. I'm just very concerned about her and her husband and their family. In times like this, we just need to put on our spiritual armor, plant our knees firm on the floor and humbly kneel in the gap, one hand reaching out in hope and faith, holding onto Jesus' hand in trust, the other firmly grasped in the hand of our loved one, holding on tight with reassurance as we lift her up in prayer. We just have to have faith that He has everything under control, and I know with all my heart He does. I just keep getting this picture in my mind of Him holding her close to His Heart of Mercy, tears in His eyes for her suffering, comforting her in His arms, and kissing her on the head like He would His little child. He loves her. He will be there. We are weak, but He IS Strong, and our strength is in Him. God is Good, Shannon. God is good. In Him we can always trust. In Him there is always hope. In Him we can always find peace. In Him we can always find rest. :) Much love, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 25 2014 02:42:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  06:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I will ne praying for Karen and her family. It makes my heart sad to read her story, but God can bring that Peace that only he can give. I am adding her name to my Prayer Journal. A Big Hug to you!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  08:24:32 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Connie. Can't thank you enough.

She is going in for radiation early tomorrow, followed by chemo all day. Let's just pray for her miracles!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Shirley Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shirley
Beulaville North Carolina
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  08:34:45 AM  Show Profile
Praying for Karen & her family

Shirley

The distance between friends is never too far
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  12:52:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm praying, too. For her to have peace and for God to be with her through all this. God is with you as well, Nini,
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  12:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Praying for Karen and her family. Would she enjoy getting a card? If you send me her address I would love to send her one.
Hugs,

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  1:39:26 PM  Show Profile
I, too am praying for Karen and her family and friends!!

Dear Loving and Precious Lord, I love You Lord with all of my heart, I know You are the way!! I humbly ask you Lord to wrap Your Loving arms around Karen and her family and friend- Lord. I pray that You will surround them with love, hope and peace. Lord please help us to support and be understanding of Your will. Lord we love You- please help us to serve You in every way. In Your name we pray- Amen

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  3:29:22 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
How sad for her family and friends. And you Nini. Sometimes and more often then we want people we love fly off to heaven. My Great Grandpa used to say that. And sometimes we have to let them go. very hard indeed. I will be thinking of her and all that love her.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  4:31:08 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's disease progression! I will be keep you, Karen and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  4:42:02 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I will pray for your friend Karen and her family and for you. It is just so amazing how strong people can be with the power of prayer behind them. Hugs.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  6:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
I am sending up prayers for your dear friends that they can be strong while dealing with all these many things together, God is so with them!

My prayers go up for you to dear one to give you the strength to be strong for your dear friends. They will need all they can get right now.

Take care of your self as well.

blessings love and hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2014 :  10:06:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, girls... And Lori, especially for that prayer that we can pray all together. I haven't spoken with Karen yet, because I know that the chemo is really hard on her. I will ask her husband if it would be okay for people to send cards to her, and if so, I will let you know. Thank you all so much for your prayers and loving kindness. They mean so, so much. Love you, girls - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  4:54:17 PM  Show Profile
I will keep her in my prayers. My moms cancer went into her brain, so, I know a bit about this, it is not nice.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  4:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Keeping Karen and her fammily in my prayers.
Hugs,
Debbie

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  7:29:21 PM  Show Profile
I am keeping Karen and her family in my thoughts and prayers. And also keep you close to my heart Nini!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  8:34:56 PM  Show Profile
Aw, Beverly... Sending hugs to you...

Thank you all for prayers... Haven't heard from them yet, but hope to catch her hubby walking the dog tomorrow. If she's up for visitors, I'm headed over to see her. Just want to give her peace and make sure she gets her rest and bearings after treatment, and I want to honor her private family time.

Love you dearly, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  05:26:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Nini, I am so sorry to hear of Karen's situation. I am praying that it would be the Lord's will to totally heal her, to bring her comfort, peace, strength and encouragement. And for her family for strength also. I am in total agreement with Lori's prayer. I am also praying for comfort for your heart too and that He would use you to encourage Karen.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  09:17:16 AM  Show Profile
Nini just read this post. My computer and phone have been down 6 days again and went back online late lastnight.
Will be praying for Karen for her physically and emotionally. Praying that the Lord can give her peace and help her through this terrifying time. I wish there was more I could do.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  09:39:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, girls. Thank you... Love and hugs, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  12:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nini,
So sorry to hear this! Such an intense battle!
I will pray for her, her family and for you!
HUGS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  12:18:11 PM  Show Profile
Lord, we do not understand why some must suffer so. Thank You that You and Your grace are sufficient for every situation that touches us. Please comfort Karen and all of her family and friends. Help Nini to minister to this family in Your strength. In Jesus name we ask that Your perfect will be done.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  3:33:08 PM  Show Profile
In agreement with Carol, Lord I lift up my prayers to you for Karen and her family, and for Nini as she works with them also.
In Jesus Name.
Amen.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  3:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Girls - thank you. God bless you. Love you. Thank you! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  4:09:22 PM  Show Profile
God bless you too Nini, and I know He is right with you where ever you are or go.
Take care dear Nini.

blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic A Dear Friend In Need of Prayer... It's Big... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page