Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello From Center Valley, PA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello From Center Valley, PA Next Topic  

MissIvy
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

marcy
center valley pa
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2014 :  2:30:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls! My name is Marcy and this is my first posting on The Farmgirl Connection. I am excited to make new friends and get posting!!
A little about myself-I live in Center Valley, Pa (close to Allentown and Bethlehem) kind of south east PA. I'm married for 34 years and have 3 children and 3 precious grandsons. I have been a MaryJane subscriber for a few years now, and my husband and I are on the path of a more organic lifestyle. We live in a development on a 1/4 acre of yard, but we have a load of fresh fruits and veggies every year from our backyard garden. I have to give the credit to my husband who helms the gardening. Right now the strawberries are coming in by the handfuls!!
I credit MaryJane magazine for helping us get started on a healthier lifestyle, and our grown children who are also going organic and vegetarian. I learn so much from our kids! They are our inspiration!!
Looking forward to hearing from you all!!

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2014 :  2:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm Marcy, we are so happy you are here. You will meet a lot of wonderful women of like mind and make many new friends, so have some fun.
Hugs,
Debbie

"BE KIND TO PEOPLE BECAUSE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW IS ENGAGED IN REALLY TOUGH BATTLES."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2014 :  2:39:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marcy :) i pray this forum is as much of a blessing to you as it has been to me! I learn a ton each day and have made some fabulous friends :) There is always "something" going on :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MissIvy
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

marcy
center valley pa
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2014 :  3:27:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank You! I feel welcome already. My computer skills aren't the greatest, but I'm learning. We should never stop learning! I find it best to just DIVE right in and give it a go!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2014 :  4:28:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Marcy! And a big hello from a fellow PA farmgirl-at-heart (with a tiny backyard, too!) from just outside of Pittsburgh! SO glad you're here! I credit MaryJane and MJF magazine with making a HUGE difference in our lives, too! Just WAIT til you "meet" all of the farmgirls! You won't believe the wonderful things everyone will share with you, and all the adventures you will "go on" with us! :) I'm so happy you've found us and am very much looking forward to getting to know you! Enjoy soaking it all in! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 08 2014 4:29:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2014 :  6:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Marcy! I'm glad you joined us. This is a great place to share, laugh, and learn. I look forward to hearing more about your gardening and hopefully seem some pictures of those strawberries!

Dawn in IL

Edited by - ddmashayekhi on Jun 10 2014 1:33:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2014 :  12:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello Marcy
And welcome from the great N.W.
Janice Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page

MissIvy
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

marcy
center valley pa
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2014 :  07:12:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ninibini

Welcome, Marcy! And a big hello from a fellow PA farmgirl-at-heart (with a tiny backyard, too!) from just outside of Pittsburgh! SO glad you're here! I credit MaryJane and MJF magazine with making a HUGE difference in our lives, too! Just WAIT til you "meet" all of the farmgirls! You won't believe the wonderful things everyone will share with you, and all the adventures you will "go on" with us! :) I'm so happy you've found us and am very much looking forward to getting to know you! Enjoy soaking it all in! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2014 :  11:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marcy!

You're not far from me at all !!! I live up in Cresco near Stroudsburg. We have a couple of other farmgirls in the area also. Maybe we can meet up one of these days!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

chickensforme
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Anne
Coopersburg Pa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  6:42:08 PM  Show Profile
Dear Marcy,

I live in Coopersburg and just fell in love with Maryjanes magazine and this the farmgirl connection. I am glad I know of someone in my area. We have only lived up here for about 5 years, we are on about 2 acres. I came up from Lower Bucks County and we also have a really small yard,
that is why we came up here. I wanted to have garden, start to raise chickens. Maybe a few sheep and maybe a few alpaca. I also have 3 children and 2 boy grandchildren. They love coming up to Nana's house, they call it the country. I have been married for 37 years.

Welcome!!

" A dog's tail never lies "

Anne
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  12:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hello Marcy!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

chickensforme
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Anne
Coopersburg Pa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2014 :  3:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Nini, Hello !!!!

I know you have have been with all of us here at Maryjanes for a long time and you are a Pittsburg farmgirl. I wondered is there ever any glamping trips on this side of the USA. Any glamping seems to be done in a lot of other parts of the country.

Thanks,
Anne Magee

Go to Top of Page

MissIvy
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

marcy
center valley pa
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  6:08:49 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by chickensforme

Dear Marcy,

I live in Coopersburg and just fell in love with Maryjanes magazine and this the farmgirl connection. I am glad I know of someone in my area. We have only lived up here for about 5 years, we are on about 2 acres. I came up from Lower Bucks County and we also have a really small yard,
that is why we came up here. I wanted to have garden, start to raise chickens. Maybe a few sheep and maybe a few alpaca. I also have 3 children and 2 boy grandchildren. They love coming up to Nana's house, they call it the country. I have been married for 37 years.

Welcome!!

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  03:13:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Anne! So sorry - I am just seeing your post now! Honestly, I don't know! I know there are quite a few Pennsylvania farmgirls on MJF, but truly, I've never seen any glamping trips posted by them... Sure would be neat, though, huh? If ANY state has campgrounds, it's Pennsylvania! LOL! I know that there is also at least one Henhouse/Farmgirl Chapter in PA, but I think it's on the opposite side of the state from me... Where is Coopersburg? Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jul 11 2014 03:15:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  2:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Marcy: You'll love it here!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

MissIvy
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

marcy
center valley pa
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  3:39:32 PM  Show Profile
hi, Luanne from Cresco, PA! I live in Center Valley, Pa, and a Farmgirl friend of mine whom I just met from this site, lives in Coopersburg. We would love to meet other Farmgirls in the area and hopefully create our own chapter. Stoudsburg is only about 1/2 hr. or so from me, so we would love to meet up sometime. I have lived in this area for 35 years, have 3 grown children and 3 grandsons. Love the outdoors, hiking, and biking, and walking my dog. Lots to see and do around here, or just chill and enjoy the wonderful nature. (a glass of wine goes well too!)Looking forward to hearing back from you. Marcy from Center Valley, PA
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  06:10:10 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Marcy! I am sure you will ejoy yourself here and make lots of new farmgirl friends. Look forward to getting to know you.

hugs,
Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GabelMama
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  5:54:18 PM  Show Profile
A warm welcome from Alaska Marcy! I am new here to:D. What I wouldn't give for some of your strawberries right now, yum! All we have here right now are chemically laden and I refuse to buy. So do enjoy for me, please;P

"Judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  6:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marcy,
A big, huge, Colorado Rocky Mountain sized welcome to you!
Enjoy the Connection!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chickensforme
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Anne
Coopersburg Pa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  07:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Marcy and Luanne, You two girls live in the Northeast area of Pa. correct? Another girl and I want to start up a chapter. I know you guys are not really close, but we wanted to start out maybe once a month trying to do it close to each one of us each month.

No pressure, but if you would like to try it out let me know.

Thanks,
Anne

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello From Center Valley, PA Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page