katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  8:38:23 PM  Show Profile
Uugh! we heard the dogs barking late last night and figured is was the Raccoons that were stirring up such a ruckus! but this morning when I walked out around our property, I discovered to my dismay,,, it was Deer that had the dogs all stirred up! Yep, lil stinkers munch my 3 young trees, 2 Almonds and a plum, to almost nothing but bare twigs! Dang it, I should have gotten up and chased them (deer) off... I think I will lay down some bubble wrap on the ground near the trees,,, maybe the 'pop pop popping' will startle them off...
They haven't (yet) bothered my big fruit ladened plum trees, but they manage to knock plums off the lower branches when they walk under the tree... and as we sat out by the fire pit this evening,,, one doe came up to the fence line.... yelled at her and told her I was going to sic the neighbors barn kitty on her if she didn't move on... I think she "flipped us off' as she trotted over to the next field. lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 02 2014 8:38:52 PM

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1501 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  9:37:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh deer! You are too funny! I've given up on the idea of getting fruit harvest from my trees until they grow taller than the deer can reach. Irish Spring worked for awhile until the deer got used to it and then the coyote pups learned how to pull the nylon stockings with the soap down off the tree branches so they could play with them. Let us know how the bubble wrap works out.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2014 :  09:37:52 AM  Show Profile
yep, I have tried the I.S., hair from my hair brush,,, even 'used kitty litter' to deter them,,, I can't tell if the deer came around last nite... the bubble wrap was not popped and the dogs didn't bark.. but I did see 2 deer across the field early this morning, so maybe they found some other, more tasty trees on someone else's property... I can only hope! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Naked Trees... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page