Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Red/White& You! Partners Posted!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Red/White& You! Partners Posted!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1418 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1418 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2014 :  9:14:20 PM  Show Profile
Winnie - I got my package today and I feel so SPOILED!!! I LOVED everything :) I got a sweet little basket made of paper that was filled with bath products that Winnie made! Then I got this adorable knitted summer hat (the blue was definitely not too much lol!) and I also got some yummy tea, a cute coaster as well :) And, I LOVE the tea towel!! It's so funny, because we recently purchased our home and we're going to be redoing the kitchen in the exact colours of the tea towel!! Thank you so so much, Winnie :)
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5200 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5200 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  12:51:17 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I got my box today! I'm so excited, I will open it tonight and post pictures when I get home from the last day of VBS! Lord, I am worn out LOL!!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2014 :  4:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Connie - So glad it got there! Praying everything made it safely!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltin_kate
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Kate
Marlboro NY
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  03:43:14 AM  Show Profile
I've received my box of goodies and feel so spoiled! Thank you Mary!

Kate
Farmgirl Sister #862
http://www.wildwomanglamgirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  07:30:00 AM  Show Profile
Winnie,
I mailed your package this morning, you should get it in a few days. Hope you like it!!
Denise
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5200 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5200 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  10:33:02 AM  Show Profile
Shannon! I had so much fun opening all my treasures! I can't wait to try those recipes, love the way you made it into a 4th July book! My Hubby is vegetarian so I am excited for new ones! The hand made star is perfect for my Great Aunt Maddie's dish cabinet, only certain things look at home there. The wooden one is perfect for the other one! I decorate them for every season and holiday! I opened the rub and took a deep smell and it made my mouth water! Thanks for the socks, notebook and cute flag pin!!!!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  11:11:00 AM  Show Profile
Yay! So glad you like everything! Did the Star hanging make it in one piece? It took me awhile to find a box long enough, lol, and I wasn't sure if the hanger was going to stay on :/ I wish I had asked to find out about your hubby being vegetarian :/ I totally could have put different recipes in there, though you can totally make the eggplant lasagna without meat :) Please let me know if you try any of them :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5200 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5200 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  1:34:47 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, the start was in perfect condition!! I love the recipes, they are easily adaptable!!!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2014 :  5:53:20 PM  Show Profile

Ms. Connie...I love all your goodies!!!

Hugs!

Judy

PLANT SEEDS OF KINDNESS EVERYWHERE YOU GO!!!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5200 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5200 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2014 :  2:27:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you judy! They are fabulous!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  10:44:26 AM  Show Profile
Kate.. absolutely loved the goodies in the R-W-B swap!...I am posting a picture so everyone can enjoy it too. Your crochet works is always appreciated and so beautifully done. Thank you- sorry it loaded sidewise. .=!

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  1:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Yippee, my swap arrived today from Denise and it was so fun! Check out the goodies here!

Denise made me this darling apron and table runner. Then she added some r/w/b star candles, window decorations, cupcake papers and flags, a darling bandanna, some peppermint sticks, and a lovely hand written card. Thank-you very much Denise for so many lovely items. I cannot wait to wear my apron!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  2:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Winnie so glad you like everything. It was fun to put together. Have a great fourth!!
Denise
Go to Top of Page

danyel
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Danyel
Robertsdale PA
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  1:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth I tracked your package it said it arrived yesterday. I sure cut that one close. I hope you had time to pick it up. I received my box and love it. the cookbook is lovely. I did not know there was a cook book from farmgirl connection, love it. the canning straw lid how cool is that the bowl and tea towel, and so much more. I have looked at the items several times . Feeling so blessed. Thank you again, I really want try to post a picture.

Danyel
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  6:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Yes Danyel I picked up your/my package last night. What fun. Did you do all that stuff yourself. Love it!! Jam and canned apples--enough for a pie. Did you make the door knob hanger? I have it hanging on my potting table. How did you do those place mats? Nice stationary too. Potpourri and a flag too. The flag is in my garden. Thank you so very much.
I was beginning to worry that you didn't get your swap but I suppose the post office takes it's time when it has to go across country. LOL.
Farmgirl,
hugs MB #46

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

quiltin_kate
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Kate
Marlboro NY
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  7:44:39 PM  Show Profile

The package that I received from Mary had me smiling from ear to ear. I adore these two items as they go with my décor so beautifully. There were also some pretties in the package for a nice bit of relaxation in the tub. It was such a lovely gift! Thank you, Mary!

Kate
Farmgirl Sister #862
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2014 :  5:16:12 PM  Show Profile

Winnie,
Thank you so much for the summer goodies!! I got it after a long difficult work day! So nice how farm girl mail always arrives on those challenging days! It truly made my day! The hat, ball canning hot pad/mit, tea and coaster are adorable. The card is pretty and the jam cook book is great. I am thinking of making jam and all of these things will be so useful! Very fun swap . Thank you again for being so sweet and spoiling me!
Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  05:19:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Denise~ So happy your Farmgirl mail came as the right time! Let us know if you try out any of the jam recipes and how they turn out. I love homemade jam and making it is very easy. If you haven't tried MaryJane's ChillOver powder to replace standard pectin, give it a try. It makes it easier to use less sugar so that your recipe has more fruit flavor and not just sweet flavor. Each package of ChillOver comes with a little book on other recipes to try as well.

Happy Summer!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  03:58:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Winnie,
I was thinking of trying the ChillOver powder. Now I have the perfect excuse.
Thank you again.
Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  05:34:45 AM  Show Profile
DeniseAnn, yes do give ChillOver a try. I love the results it gives with jam and jelly making. In the recipe booklet, be sure to follow the amount of ChillOver to volume of mixture to make sure you use enough to make it gel. The same applies to standard pectin and works here as well. But, the beauty is , like I mentioned, you can adjust the sugar content to use less and get more flavor. Let us know how your jams turn out so others can try if they are interested.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

quiltin_kate
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Kate
Marlboro NY
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  09:57:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
If you haven't tried MaryJane's ChillOver powder to replace standard pectin, give it a try. It makes it easier to use less sugar so that your recipe has more fruit flavor and not just sweet flavor.

Winnie, eaves dropping on this conversation - I have never tried the Chillover powder. Looks like it will be a great addition to the canning this season. Thanks for the tip - plan to order some this week.
Kate

Kate
Farmgirl Sister #862
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Red/White& You! Partners Posted!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page