Page: of 2

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  08:38:54 AM  Show Profile
Does any one remember that song? Anyway...I was thinking, since it's been such a loooooooooooooong dark winter, that so many of us must be looking so so forward to spring. Easter, no matter how chilly, is always such a beautiful day and so many of us must be looking forward to a chance to shed our winter drearies and dress in our spring time best.

I was thinking that maybe we could post some of our pics in our Easter or at least spring time pretties It doesn't even matter whether you celebrate Easter or not, just a photo of you in your spring time best...even if that's just garden boots and a new hat

I think it would be a lot of fun to share spring time this way!

Have a wonderful weekend! Spring time is on it's way!!!

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

She with the most chickens wins

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  11:05:07 AM  Show Profile
Fun idea, Annika. Let's do it. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  08:00:17 AM  Show Profile
I think this is a great idea! We can all enjoy some sharing of pastels and brighter colors! Out with the browns and in with the yellows, greens, pinks and blues.

"In your Easter Bonnet, with all the frills upon it...." I very much remember this song growing up and it was not uncommon for girls to wear a hat on Easter Sunday. I had a few hats in my day according to old photos! One year at work, we made Easter hats using paper plates, ribbon ties for under the chin, and lots of Peeps of all colors fixed to the hat with wires and string. We then wore them around all day. It was hilarious so say the least, but so much fun!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  07:10:27 AM  Show Profile
When I was a little girl it was always such a big treat to go shopping for our new Easter hats I remember pink and yellow dresses, white Maryjanes, pretty hats and sparkling white gloves. I think this'll be fun!

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  3:22:23 PM  Show Profile
I love this!!!! My Granny would take us to the Sears Tower in Memphis to get Dresses for me and my Aunts, they were teenagers, we got white gloves, and a new shoes and a purse, white Nylon Socks. I got a White purse that had a Sunflower behind clear plastic on the front when I was about 8. My Granny would give us all a new washed and ironed Hankie for our purses. I loved that purse and I remember, my Granny would not let me carry it to school after Labor day, You know, that no White thing! LOL!!!

I will have to dig up some pictures. I can't wait to see pictures!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  8:35:18 PM  Show Profile
OK, this is crazy!!!! I half sing, half hum that song ALL the time!!! LOL
Sewing Easter dresses for our girls was so much fun! Those little lace edged socks & black dress shoes....too cute. Once in a while my birthday would fall on or around Easter so I dreamed of the coconut shaped bunny cake that would be served! Loved the pink jelly bean nose. LOL
Will love to see the pics! Thanks for sharing
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9375 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9375 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2014 :  7:12:25 PM  Show Profile
I love that song! I would love to find a hat to wear this year. I have the outfit complete with gloves and shoes just need a nice hat to wear. I love hats though I am pretty much convinced I don't have a hat head.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  4:34:23 PM  Show Profile
Well, I dug around in the old photo box and found these two pics of me at Easter. This one was in 1956 when I was 5 years old. wearing my Easter Bonnet! Of course , these photos taken with my phone are posting crooked again. GEEZE I wish I could fix this. IF anyone has the secret, let me know because they are straight on the camera an in my file folder on the computer.

Photos were always taken with the sun in your eyes!

This one did not have a date on it, but I am thinking I was 3 years old. I am sure my mom didn't even try to convince a 3 year old to keep a hat on!

Again, the sun was in my eyes! But then again, those Brownie cameras were not the greatest!!
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3946 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3946 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2014 :  8:39:31 PM  Show Profile
How I solve the sideways picture problem is to take all my pictures in landscape.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  09:26:02 AM  Show Profile
Can't you just hear Bing singing........." I could write a Sonnet.... about your Easter Bonnet!

Winnie! You are the Grandest Girl in the Easter Parade!" Me and my Granny and Paw-Paw that raised me, on Easter Sunday! 1957. I will have to go picture hunting for some more!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  10:10:30 AM  Show Profile
Connie, I love this oldie but goodie of you on Easter Sunday!! And yes, I can still hear Bing singing In Your Easter Bonnet! Thanks for digging around and posting this for us to enjoy.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  9:26:10 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like such fun. I am not dressing up this year, but am looking forward to the Easter-y/ Spring-ish fun!
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  06:54:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh girls, I've been so busy outside and trying to get all of the yard ready, getting the materials for the hoop houses! But I'm going to go see if I can find something fancy and springy to share =} Connie, Winnie, I absolutely love the old photos! All of my old photos are over in Seattle with my dad. He's a growly bear and doesn't want to share any of them LOL! I'm a redhead so when I was little it was always a pink or pink and white dress that was bought/made for me. One year, I must have been 7 or 8, my great aunt bought me this little dress that made me feel like the most beautiful princess in the world. It was pale pink with little blue birds and bows, it had puffy frilly short sleeves, a ruffled petticoat, and sheer over lay with even MORE ruffles. My obnoxious red hair tamed with bobby pins and hair spray, the hat was a little white bonnet with a spray of pink silk blossoms and a white lacy bow. We always posed for our Easter pictures someplace springy. We would end up going for an ice cream or milk shake at Huskey's Ice Cream in West Seattle. I would try to sit still in church, I'm a natural fidget, still am. I always tried to sing hymns,l but I have a voice like a chicken, and my grandma would always shush me after a few seconds =P I'll find a good hat to get my spring photo in, looking forward to more Easter bonnets and spring smiles =}

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  12:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Annika, I loved your story of being 7 or 8 with unruly red curls! Your little Easter dress sounds like it was a fairy tale dress too. Looking forward to you finding the perfect 2014 spring Bonnet and posting a photo!

Winnie#3109
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  1:08:39 PM  Show Profile
Here is my little red-head, Holly with her daddy, Rex, 1978 at Easter at my Granparents Farm in Friendship,Tennessee. I miss those times. Easter dinner with about 50 family members and a big Easter egg hunt after church!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  1:16:07 PM  Show Profile
I had to share this on here too, Melissa ( My cousin) shed her frilly dress for some comfort, for the Eatser Egg Hunt! 1976. Some of you know her from the prayer forum. I just loved this! I hope it makes you smile!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  4:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I know what you mean about big Easter celebrations years ago. I had a big family and Easter dinner after church included a group of about 20 . Afterwards, my mom would hide about 4 dozen eggs that we had dyed the day before and everyone enjoyed a big egg hunt together. So fun and I miss the annual gathering! Now it is just me and hubby!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  4:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
No bonnets here, sorry! I think we had bonnets some years, but not every year.
This is my little sister and me . . .year is 1955!! :D

Don't you just love that sweet picket fence! It went all around the yard of our farmhouse.

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  5:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay, That is a precious picture!!Love the fence!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  10:44:09 PM  Show Profile
You girls are such cutie-pies!!!

Great post Annika!
My parents used to hide chocolate covered marshmallow eggs wrapped in pastel foil outside for my brothers and I to find. If it was rainy or snowy we would look in the house for plastic eggs filled with coins, candy and miniature animals :)

I will try and find a picture of my Easter bonnet.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  4:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh my heavens...I love the pictures- what great fun our holidays were with all of the family! They are very special memories! Thank you so much for sharing!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  6:16:06 PM  Show Profile
My Easter Bonnet:

Sorry for the quality, it is a photo of a photo. We don't have a scanner compatible with our computer/printer.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  6:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Sharon! your a doll!!!!!!!!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2014 :  05:06:52 AM  Show Profile
Sharon- you look adorable all dressed up in your Easter finery! The basket I had(and still have) looked just like yours but with only pink weave. I love your sweet hat!

Ceejay, you and your sister are so cute all dressed up in your fancy little girl dressed with the full skirts and bows in the back!

This has been such a fun post, Annika. Great idea for sharing!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5154 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5154 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2014 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile
My Holly ,Easter 1976. She would keep that hat on, only for pictures! I found it around Thanksgiving at the bottom of her toy box! LOL!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6615 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6615 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2014 :  5:02:18 PM  Show Profile
What a cutie pie! My Kelley had red hair like that too. Hat wearing has definitely gone by the wayside these days for little girls. Now they have all these cute headbands and bows instead.

Hard to believe that Easter is this weekend with so much continued cold weather in the nation. We are in for two days of heavy rain starting tomorrow. oh yea. once again. The rivers are already at flood stage and slightly above. I wonder if the Easter Bunny has a boat? He is going to need one here in Florida!!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic In Your Easter Bonnets... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page