Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Earth Day Maker's Swap! ...Partners are NOW posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Earth Day Maker's Swap! ...Partners are NOW posted Next Topic  

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  1:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Hello farm sisters!

I have never hosted a swap before but I am feeling like I am ready to give it a try! Last year I participated in an Earth Day Maker's Swap and I LOVED it! I do not recall who hosted it last time but since I have not seen it posted again this year yet, I thought maybe I should step up to keep this great idea going! Here are the details...

In honor of all things "green" and sustainable, the Earth Day Maker's Swap will ask that participants use ONLY supplies they have on hand to MAKE a lovely gift for the farm sister you are partnered with. Please do not purchase anything to complete this project. If you want to include other little gift trinkets with your homemade item, that is fine, too, so long as you ALREADY had it on hand (ex: teas, candy, etc.).

Earth Day always falls on April 22 and that is only a little over a month away so let's get this swap kicked off by posting your name if you are interested in participating. Spread the word to your other farm girl sisters here on the MJF Forums. I will accept names until March 31 and I will post partners on April 2. Once I post partners, please email each other right away to exchange addresses.

Please start working on your projects right away so you can have them ready to mail out by April 18th. That gives the present a couple days to travel in the mail and still end up as your farm sister's door step in time for this holiday!

If for some reason you are delayed in sending out your package, please be courteous and contact your farm sister to keep her posted. We all know things come up in life so I am sure she will understand. Just do your best to stay in touch if anything goes awry. :)

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

Life's short. Make today count.

Edited by - ProgressiveHomemaker on Apr 03 2014 11:51:55 AM

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  5:00:24 PM  Show Profile
I would love to do this! And, I am sure you will be fine as a hostess; I do it quite often.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  6:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I did this last year and would like to join again this year. Sign me up.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  05:54:18 AM  Show Profile
I would like to join too! This sounds like fun!! Thanks Rachell for hosting the swap!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  7:14:15 PM  Show Profile
I might have been the host of this last year, not sure if my swap is the one you are referencing, but I am quite fine with you taking it over. In fact it is kind of a relief. Thank you so much! I would like to participate in this swap. Please add my name to the list and I look forward to the posting of partners, etc.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3950 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2014 :  7:36:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm in and I have just the project.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

DeniseMGM
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Denise
WI
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  9:07:39 PM  Show Profile
I'll join in too. I have lots of stuff that could fall under the "green" category!

Denise - Farmgirl #1976

www.lionsdaughter.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  05:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Rachell,
Due to an unforeseen thing I am going to have to bow out of this swap.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  08:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Brenda, I am so happy to have your blessing on this swap! Thanks! hugs

Rebecca, I understand. You take care, hun.

Everyone else, thanks for joining in! Let's have some fun! We will give it another couple of days to see if anyone else wnats in then I will partner us all up!

Have a fab day! :)

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  05:16:20 AM  Show Profile
My swap is ready to go! Can't wait for partners to post!! Whoop! April is so full of spring happenings!!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  06:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
I promise to post them soon!

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  11:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Ok, gals, sorry for the delay, but here are your Earth Day Maker's Swap partners!!!!

Progressive Homemaker and ptroupe
Red Tractor Girl and bright meadow
churunga and DeniseMGM

If you have any questions, let me know! Have fun!

Enjoy this lovely Spring day!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  04:59:15 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, your swap is on it's way! I hope you enjoy and Happy Earth Day 2014!1

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3950 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2014 :  09:19:57 AM  Show Profile
My partner and I have contacted each other.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  05:38:44 AM  Show Profile
Rachell, could you please send me your address info?

Thanks,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  11:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Rachell, for the address info. Your package went out today and should arrive Friday. Hope you enjoy it.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  3:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
I wanted to thank Portia for the lovely gift set I received! She sent me the "snipping tin" shown below, which I can set next to my chair when I am cross-stitching to gather all my thread snips while I am working so I can toss them all at once later. What a clever idea! Also shown are the 3 lovely clothespin note clips she made as well. How did she know I love bees and birds and sweet little girls?! Also included but not shown below was a collection of tea bags that hubby snatched up from me! He is the one who drinks caffeine in this house so I did not mind sharing (he is always a little curious and a little jealous when I get another Farm Sister gift in the mail)! LOL I also enjoyed the lovely note (card shown below).

Love Rachell

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  06:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Rachel,
I am glad you liked your items. I had fun making them. Glad, too, that hubby could get some "tea time" in!!!!! I used to cross-stitch all the time but haven't in years; I have found too many other crafts to keep me entertained!
Hugs,
Portia

Hope your son is recuperating nicely from his oral surgery.

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3950 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  7:45:44 PM  Show Profile
I received my package from Denise.

She sent me a beautiful, quilted table runner, a bar of white chocolate and strawberries and three kinds of tea (Constant Comment, Mint Medley, Green Ginger). I took a picture but for some reason I cannot post it.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

DeniseMGM
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Denise
WI
USA
110 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  08:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Sorry this is so late to post. Sometimes I go for days without getting online! I received a sweet upcycled container that was decorated in red and gold from Marie and filled with yummy chocolate candy. Thanks so much!!

Denise - Farmgirl #1976

www.lionsdaughter.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  2:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Rachell, thank you so much for my wonderful box of goodies I received today! Ladies, there were the cutest cow salt and pepper shakers, oodles of stickers, precious handmade envelopes with animals pics, a covered can for stashing things, and a farmgirl-inspired covered planner.I am so glad you were my partner.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  3:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Portia,

I am so glad you got and loved your goodies. I have been trying to exercise and grow my crafty muscles and something like this was a perfect way to do that! I loved using up things I already had on hand and things otherwise destined for the bin. If everyone here has received their gifts, I guess I can do ahead and declare this swap a success and close it up for this year!

Thank you all for making my first swap to host a fun success!
<3 your farm sister, Rachell

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  12:07:55 PM  Show Profile
It appears to have been a success! Great job hosting!

Portia

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  12:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6628 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6628 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  1:14:24 PM  Show Profile
Look what was waiting for me when I got home from the Netherlands?

Barb knitted me that adorable tote!! Isn't that the cutest ever? I just love the beautiful embroidered panel on the front as well. Plus, there were pretty window butterfly gel clings and an assortment of teas! Thank-you Barb for taking your time to make me such a lovely tote bag to celebrate Earth Day 2014!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Earth Day Maker's Swap! ...Partners are NOW posted Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page