Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Heart issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Heart issues Next Topic  

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  07:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Last summer my husband had 3 stints placed in his heart after problems with chest pain. They made an amazing difference. He seemed to be almost back to normal.
All has been going pretty well until recently. He has been working with his doctor recently to try to re-adjust his meds because his blood pressure has been higher and more unstable.
Last Friday he had chest pains and they have been re-occuring each day since then. The local medical system is slow and unreliable so he got an appointment at Mayo Clinic for next Tuesday.
Please pray that all goes well and they get it figured out, whether if means replacing a stint, by-pass surgery or whatever else is needed.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  08:19:16 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear things aren't going so well for your husband. I'll be praying that the doctors are able to figure out what is wrong and fix it.
Hugs,

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  1:23:31 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry Susan. I am keeping you and your husband in prayer. I am asking the Lord to grant the dcotors wisdom and understanding and that they will figure out what is going on.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2014 :  8:09:19 PM  Show Profile
Praying--let us know how things go at the Mayo clinic.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  05:59:27 AM  Show Profile
prayaers for your family Susan, please keep us posted.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  07:17:53 AM  Show Profile

Susan...praying that God will give the doctors the wisdom and knowledge to find out what the problem is with your husband and the guidance of His hand to show them how to fix it...

Hugs!

Judy

PLANT SEEDS OF KINDNESS EVERYWHERE YOU GO!!!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  07:18:21 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you and DH, Susan. We've been to Mayo for many reasons. They can do wonders! Good luck today.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  12:18:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for your prayers and concern!

We just got home from Mayo. They are so efficient! We got a phone call yesterday that 3 tests had been scheduled before the planned appointment this morning. The tests were done 45 minutes early, but then we still had to wait to see the cardiologist. He spoke with both of us as he completed the exam.
An angiogram is planned for tomorrow and it sounds like they will place another stent, unless they find need for more surgery. The last time he only had to stay a day so I'm hoping and praying all will go well and he can be home again soon.
We are so lucky to live only an hour's drive from Mayo, so we could go home tonight.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  1:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cindy Lou,
I will put your husband in my prayers for everything to go well tomorrow and this time it to stay good for him, and prayers for you for strength to keep him comforted.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2014 :  6:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Susan - I am just reading this now. Please know you and your husband will be in my prayers, too. I pray you will both have peace through this entire process and that he will be healthy and home soon. Love and hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  08:39:44 AM  Show Profile
Praying things are going well for you today!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  10:15:24 AM  Show Profile
The procedure is done, DH is in recovery, we can see him there in a few minutes.That's all I know for now, but its enough. Thanks for the prayers! I'll report back later.
Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  5:22:07 PM  Show Profile
DH is doing well, getting real meals and with a working televison. They removed a small clot and placed another stent. There was another blockage but they ran out of time, the dye can only be in a person for a limited time at once. His doctors will discuss the plan by tomorrow morning to decide if they can take care of it with meds and he can come home tomorrow, or if they need to do another angiogram and he needs to stay until Friday! He is voting for coming home. He is getting great care and a lot of attention.
Thanks again for the concern and prayers.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2014 :  7:10:58 PM  Show Profile
oh, Susan! Poor guy - I'd be voting to come home, too. :) I know having to stay longer is not what he wants, but I can't help thinking it might be better for them to just do whatever they need to do while he's there so when he does finally get home he won't have to go back, you know? I'm sure the doctors will advise you as to what's best. Hang in there. I do understand how stressful this can be. I'm really glad to hear he's doing well. I will keep both of you in my prayers. Please continue to keep us posted. :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  3:12:57 PM  Show Profile
They decided not to do the angiogram procedure, instead doing a drug IV for 24 hours so he's not home yet. But should be released tomorrow.

When I am visiting I feel like I am there with a full grown Dennis the Menace. They said he should walk each hour so he got our daughter and me to walk with him to the visitor's cafeteria to get him a chocolate muffin. He had the drip med thing in tow and it started to beep. The nurses were searching for him! They had failed to let him know that he should only walk around on that unit, not 4 floors and several halls away! Or he had just not wanted to HEAR that part. I really don't know!
Nini,
Thanks for prayers for me too. I am usually calm and collected but with diet changes and stuff to deal with I expect some challenging moments with my dear, sweet, STUBBORN guy.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  5:05:17 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you and your husband.

Ignore the rain,
Look for the rainbow.
Jenny,
Blessed Farmgirl #4359
FGOM October 2013
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2014 :  7:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
Sending prayers for a quick recovery for your husband.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2014 :  11:28:37 AM  Show Profile
I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of the nurses looking all over for your husband!!! I hope all went well and you're settling in at home today. Continued prayers for a quick recovery.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  7:19:49 PM  Show Profile
We got DH home yesterday afternoon. Talk about desperate to escape! DD and I planned to pick him up at noon, and when we got almost there, saw him on the sidewalk a block before we reached the hospital! "I just needed to get out of there."
He is feeling pretty well, but a bit tired and sore from laying around. He actually got up at 6 am today, to take the dogs out, helped re-pot some of the seeds we have started, and insisted on making a list of "What we need to get done". He is not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds for a few days. I'm glad he is feeling so much better but a little concerned I may need to tie him down!
Thank you so much for your prayers!

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2014 :  8:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh Susan,

I am so thankful that your honey is doing better! I am continuing to keep your husband and you in prayer for strength and healing.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 03 2014 :  11:06:59 AM  Show Profile
You and your husband will be in my prayers Susan. I'm just now seeing your post for the first time.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  02:15:41 AM  Show Profile
Marly,
All is well! DH is back to his usual activities and more positive, pleasant and patient than he was for a while, I should know by now that his temperament, and that of others can be so dependent on how how a person is feeling!
Thank you for your concern and prayers!
Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  10:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Happy to hear the good news.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Heart issues Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page