Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Friendship Quilt - Signup Closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Friendship Quilt - Signup Closed Next Topic
Page: of 17

MamaBulla
True Blue Farmgirl

209 Posts

Kris
Midland NC
USA
209 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  06:29:30 AM  Show Profile
I don't think I'm on the list yet... I haven't had a chance to make any blocks yet, but I will start working on them in January.

My info:

Kris Bulla
308 Jake Tucker Rd
Midland, NC 28107

Kris B.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Farmgirl Sister #3679

Go to Top of Page

mrssunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Tennessee
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  11:07:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi to all. I just thought I would update my progress. I sent out blocks to Nikki, Mrs. Whittney, Sheri, and Kris. I have not received blocks yet from jerseygirlsue, sassynrob, PennyWise, Daizy, DandeeRose, Nikki, NeeNee, Sheri71, and Kris. I have read all the other posts and know some are still in progress but I thought I would update anyway. No worries.

I received beautiful blocks from Melinda and Marie. Thank you so much for sending them. I was tickled to get them.

Please let me know if you have not received my block yet. Thanks.

Lei
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2014 :  5:36:30 PM  Show Profile
I finally got all the pieces cut out tonight! I will go ahead and apologize now for the inconsistency! I am not a very exact person and "good enough" is becoming my motto the more children I have and the less time I have! lol! I plan on getting everything sewn together this weekend and out next week. Thank you everyone for the patience!

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Wife, Mother, Soldier, Blessed
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  2:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Finished over half of the squares today!! I was going to finish all of them, but 20 squares, sitting in front of a sewing machine, while 9 months pregnant is not a good idea!! Not to mention I had to have a few "coming to Jesus" talks with my silly sewing machine because my thread kept getting messed up and creating rats nests!! Which then of course would make me break down into tears because well...I'm pregnant!!!

So, I'll get about 13 in the mail Monday. I wanted to go ahead and apologize for how terrible they look. :-/ I'm a "good enough" or "close enough" kind of person. I've realized when your going with a pattern, you cannot do that. It has to be exact. Which of course you don't realize until your sewing it all together. So, I've created more work for you lovely ladies by making you attempt to square off my crazy "squares" but I had so much fun making these!! :-)

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  4:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Nikki,

Take out the bobbin and case, get a clean make-up brush and brush the lint out of the bobbin mechanism, the case and the bobbin. That should help you out.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  4:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Nikki, Also change the needle. Every time I have had that issue it was due to needing a new needle.

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447

http://hennypennyfarm.blogspot.com/
http://time-2-sew.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  5:16:11 PM  Show Profile
I ended up doing both! Thank you ladies! I changed my needle and changed out my bobbin and that seemed to help. But, by then, I was so frustrated and tired that I figured I'd finish the rest another time. :)

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  9:03:01 PM  Show Profile
It will be better tomorrow Nikki. Hugs.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

MamaBulla
True Blue Farmgirl

209 Posts

Kris
Midland NC
USA
209 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  9:45:36 PM  Show Profile
I received Lei's block the other day!! :) Thank you! The tan fabric with the tiny flowers is a fabric I used in the quilt I'm making my mom for Christmas (which still isn't done yet...). I really like that one a lot!

Kris B.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Farmgirl Sister #3679

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  6:52:36 PM  Show Profile
Nikki!! I got your square yesterday. It's so cute!! Thank you! I will get mine out soon...now that the holidays are over.

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  06:12:10 AM  Show Profile
Shelly, I received your block. How special that you and your niece worked together to create it! Thank you.

I'm printing out the new address list and checking it twice. I think I only owe blocks to our most recent additions. If you have been on the list awhile and haven't received a block from me, please let me know.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  08:54:20 AM  Show Profile
I received this block a few days ago from Nikki. I've just haven't had time to post it until now.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

mrssunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Tennessee
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  09:35:36 AM  Show Profile
Kris, thank you for letting me know that your block arrived safely. I am glad that you liked the block.

I received my block from Nikki today. It is just lovely. I love the gray fabric with the flowers. I can't wait to start putting all my blocks together.

If there is someone who still has not received a block from me please let me know. Thanks!

Lei
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  09:37:23 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry you ladies are going to have to spend so much time squaring off my crazy squares! Lol

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  1:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Hay there,

Nikki, I also got your block ... and it came at the perfect time. I have all my pieces out in the sewing room so yours encouraged me to get a move on. I hope to have mine in the mail soon. My camera is not working so I can't post a photo yet but it has tiny white flowers on a blue-ish background for the points. Nikki used a sweet pale pink plaid/check for the inside bars. I just love everyones pieces....this is going to be a great quilt.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  06:18:39 AM  Show Profile
Nikki, I received your block yesterday. I really like the pink gingham.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2015 :  12:08:09 PM  Show Profile
Kris, mrs. Whitney, Nikki, and Sheri I sent out your quilt pieces yesterday. If you haven't gotten one from me please let me know. I believe I got everyone though. I rechecked my list and the pieces I have the ladies I haven't received from is: Margo, Marie, Daizy, Alicia, Susan, Sheri, Mrs. Whitney, and Kris. Working on the other pieces. Can't wait to see them all when their put together. Stay warm!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
Go to Top of Page

MrsHurlbut
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Nikki
Carthage MO
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  3:46:10 PM  Show Profile
I am 38 weeks tomorrow!! (yay!!) So I will have time here pretty soon to finish up the few squares I have left to send out. Could everyone let me know if they have received one from me? I have my list, but I want to compare just to make sure! I should be lacking 5 people. Thanks girls!

Mrs Hurlbut #5131
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  09:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Hello ladies! I hope you are all starting the new year off on a good note.

I have heard from Rebecca and she has dropped out of our group. Please take a moment to cross her off your mailing lists.

It has been crazy here and I have had no time to sit and sew until now, so I hope to catch up on my blocks in the next day or so as long as we don't have a power outage due to the blizzard. (It's been snowing and blowing since yesterday and isn't due to end until 1 a.m. tomorrow)

Would those of you who have NOT received a block from me please let me know? Thanks a bunch.

{{{Hugs}}}

Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  1:05:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Gals! I am trying to finish up my UFOs before beginning my new projects. Today I made squares for Sheri and Kris (Mamabulla). These will go into the mail tomorrow. According to my records I've made and mailed (as of tomorrow) 20 blocks. If you did not receive a block from me, please let me know. I am second guessing myself about blocks to Daizy, Marie (Churunga), and Margo (Penny Wise).

I have received 13 blocks, and I'm starting my quilt/cozy today. I'll post pictures soon.

Happy New Year and St. Valentine's Day!

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2015 :  5:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Carol - I have received yours and have sent one to you also.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  05:21:11 AM  Show Profile
Good to know. I did receive yours.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  07:42:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Kathleen! Is it too late to join in the friendship quilt? I've finally returned to my sewing machine and I've been following this thread since you first posted it. Sounds like a lot of fun! (As long as I have directions/pattern I'm good).

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2015 :  08:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by forgetmenot

Hi, Kathleen! Is it too late to join in the friendship quilt? I've finally returned to my sewing machine and I've been following this thread since you first posted it. Sounds like a lot of fun! (As long as I have directions/pattern I'm good).

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Hi Judith,

Email your mailing address to me. I will send you all the information for creating your blocks and the member list.

Glad to have you with us.

~Kathleen

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  6:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Farm sisters..
I mailed out my first 6 blocks today to: NixKat, jerseygirlsue, sunflowercritters, momofseven, carolj and sassynrob. I hope you like them. Tomorrow I will start the next batch. This is fun!
Please, let me know if the first ones don't arrive in a few days.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Friendship Quilt - Signup Closed Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page