Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 I'm doing The Summer of No Pants- who's with me?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic I'm doing The Summer of No Pants- who's with me?! Next Topic
Page: of 2

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  11:54:08 AM  Show Profile
My current petticoat.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  12:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
So cute Marie!! Did you use a pattern?

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl.wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  3:47:50 PM  Show Profile
No, I bought this at a vintage shop. I will be using it to make a pattern.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2014 :  3:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Skirts for all seasons! Skirts for all reasons! Ah, but I haven't heard anyone speak of one little reason yet for wearing skirts in summer instead of pants. I'm thinking of advice I received from my gynecologist a million years ago: wear skirts and, if possible, not even undies under them, in hot weather to avoid the chafing and confinement of our "lady parts" that can lead to infections. Skirts for good health!

I have loved reading everyone's comments on this topic. Next winter, I'm going to want a flannel petticoat (with non-clingy fabric on the skirt side) to wear under my favorite long denim skirt. There's plenty of room under there and it wold be sooooo comfy! Keep the great ideas coming, girls!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2014 :  11:17:43 AM  Show Profile
Love the idea, and I love wearing skirts, but I'm a little afraid of wearing a skirt while I'm working with my boyfriend on the weekends. I help him in the woods logging trees, splitting firewood, etc. Have any of the rest of you done these types of things in a skirt? I'm wondering if it wouldn't be dangerous?

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2014 :  08:28:47 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, I would not wear a skirt for that kind of work. A long one could easily get tangled and trip you up. A short one won't protect your legs.

There's a limit to this!
Go to Top of Page

Lyndell
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Leah
Richwood Ohio
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2014 :  5:47:21 PM  Show Profile
Interesting! I love wearing skirts, but mostly for special occasions or shorter periods of time. I would consider trying this, but definitely NOT for the summer season. A few reasons for this. Most importantly, I get chafing between my thighs extremely easily - only takes a little bit of walking around on a hot day and I'm in major pain. Tried wearing some shorts (boxer-type and also biker-type) underneath, but just wasn't comfortable. Second, skirts are just not practical for me when working in the garden. They get in the way when I'm trying to do anything but sit and look pretty, it's VERY windy where I live (so lots of skirts flying up!) and we have a ton of ticks. So, pants and long socks are the way to go for me! Sounds like you all must have better luck with skirts, though, so I hope you have a great summer with your experiment!

http://foxgloveandfolksongs.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sister #4236
Go to Top of Page

sweettea
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Candace
St Cloud MN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - May 25 2014 :  5:46:06 PM  Show Profile
I love this idea of a summer of no pants. I love wearing skirts, especially in the summer but I'm scrambling right now trying to make my skirts smaller. I lost 30 pounds on a diet my husband and I have been on and all my skirts don't fit! Considering a few of them are prairie-girl skirts they shouldn't be hard to take in. Back to the sewing machine...

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - May 25 2014 :  8:14:58 PM  Show Profile
I have been wearing skirts and dresses for about two months now. I receive so many compliments. I have also discovered that I have a sarong which, when wrapped around the waste and secured with a belt, makes a really attractive skirt. I will have to see if I have any more.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic I'm doing The Summer of No Pants- who's with me?! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page