Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Need prayers again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Need prayers again Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  9:05:18 PM  Show Profile
I am having a scope lipotripsy (sorry about the spelling) on Thursday and getting nervous. I will have stents in both sides and have them for a week or two. I think that bothers me more than having the surgeon go in and remove 4 or more large stones I cannot pass. I know there are others they will remove also that are smaller. I am also having issues with a feeling of a growth/lump in my throat that pulls on my stomach. Then I get physically ill. The craziest thing is it only happens when I stand up or sit down. If I lay down it goes away. I am going to have to address this after the surgery. I called my endo's office and nurse told me I had just had lab work and I am fine. HA!!!!!! I am not fine and not making this up. After I recoup a bit I am going to be proactive and start looking for an answer. I am spending too much time on the couch flat on my back. Last time I complained about a sensation kind of like this I had a growth on the right side of my thyroid the size of a quarter to half dollar. Unfortunately it was with a different doctor that I can no longer use.

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  9:16:51 PM  Show Profile
I will put you in my prayers Kem, and I hope you find some other doctor that will work with you on this and anyway I will pray that you get through this Lipotripsy thing and get those old stones out of you! I will pray for you that your growth will disappear.

Blessings to you Kem
Take care and hope you sleep well tonight.

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  05:37:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sweetie...you are in my prayers. I think whenever the docs are doing something it makes us nervous- Lean on the Lord sweet Kem!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  05:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Kem, I hope that your lIthotripsy will go well. Don't worry about the stents as they are normal and help prevent blockages as you pass the small stone matter. They allow your urethra on both sides to heal up and stay open following the procedure. It might now be all that comfortable but helpful in the overall plan to heal. You might bring up the matter of the lump in your throat to your surgeon and ask him to see what he feels. You might find quicker action with a surgeon since you will be right there in his care. Also, a lithotripsy will have an anesthesiologist with you and you should mention to him . In the rare case that he has to intubate you, he definitely needs to know about anything that might be in your throat. Be sure you give both doctors all of your symptoms and the previous thyroid growth. Perhaps you can have this matter addressed while you are under their care for the stones.

Best of luck and I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  1:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kem,
Challenges for you seem to keep coming your way! I'm so sorry!
I have been and will continue to PRAY!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5073 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5073 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  3:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Many prayers for you Kem!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:08:59 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, I have addressed this with the uro surgeon. They say the endo needs to clear me for surgery. I called them and they told me nothing was wrong. I will mention it to them again tomorrow. I agree they need to know. Thanks for the prayers. I feel like I am ready. My bible study group did a laying on hands prayer on me this morning and feel I am as ready and as protected as I can be. God is good and will provide. I am ready for the little buggers to be gone.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:11:54 PM  Show Profile

Kem...my thoughts and prayers are with you...I pray that God will give the doctors wisdom as how to treat the things that are going on with you...never forget...God is the Great Physician...we are here for you...

Hugs!

Judy

PLANT SEEDS OF KINDNESS EVERYWHERE YOU GO!!!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  5:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Most definitely praying! I had to have that done spring of 2012. Know that the stents will most likely be uncomfortable, but they are fantastic in helping the stones pass without "killing" you! What time in your procedure tomorrow?

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:26:32 PM  Show Profile
When medical tests say you are fine and the doctor won't listen to your concerns you either have the wrong doctor, who is doing the wrong tests or both! I am praying that you find out what is going on and it is remedied.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  9:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Kem,
Kem

I have also found it a good idea to write everything down and give it to the surgeon and Anesthesiologist, and keep a copy for your self I have done that for my doctor when I was discussing my knee surgery and anything else I told him I wrote down and they kept the note for future reference. It was easier to talk to the doctor that way too. It is just a thought.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  06:28:08 AM  Show Profile
Kem,

Thinking of you and praying for you today. I hope that everything goes smoothly and I'm praying for healing and a quick recovery and that you will get the answers needed.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  2:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Kem - I just found your post right now, and am praying. God love and bless you, and heal you! I'm so sorry you have to go through this, and yet, so grateful for the wonders of modern medicine. Please do post again when you're up to it. Until then, you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Love you, sister! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  09:42:00 AM  Show Profile
Had the surgery and they found 8 stones instead of 3-4 stones. Have stents and not a fun time. Thank goodness for pain pills and sleep. I hope to be up and at em in a few days. Right now I feel like a truck has run over me. I also found out that my PTH is high 127, but both my calcium levels are fine. I have had Hyperparathyroid. I have the doctors very confused. It is not suppose to work this way. If anyone has any info on hyperparathyroid conditions or something similar I would love the info. I am getting tired of the fall out and the doctors are running out a ideas.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  12:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hang in there, Kem! Glad you made it through and I'll be praying for relief and recovery . . . and answers!
PRAYING!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  2:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks CJ. I appreciate all the concern from the whole group. It means so much to have others praying for me and other on this post. My pain meds have been a Godsend. I didn't used to like them, but know they are my friend if I want to sleep.
CJ, did they finally get your issues straightened out for you? Been praying you will get well so you can go campin in that sweet little trailer you have been working on. Let me know if I can be of any help or just there to listen. Take care all.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  2:57:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kem! That is a LOT of stones! OUCH! You must've been in misery before the surgery! I'm so glad that part is over. Please take all the rest they give you. I want you to get better quickly too! :) I don't know anything about your condition, but I sure will be praying! Please keep us posted! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7581 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7581 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  7:20:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kem
I am glad you many stones are out, I pray that every thing will stop and you will start feeling better soon.

Blessings

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2014 :  11:32:25 PM  Show Profile
Hate the pain pills, but they do put a person in a more comfortable place. Been sleeping, toilet breaks, and eating a bit here and there. Rode to town for more meds and then later on rode with a friend and shopped for 20 minutes maybe. Too much, back on the couch and back to sleep. Slept for 7 hours and now it is the middle of the night. Ready to do something, but what does a person do at 1:30 in the morning. Still very sore, probably not going to turn up the music and get up and do a jig or get far from the couch. Wondering how long it takes to start feeling human again. Lots of aches and pains for sure.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  11:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kem,
Thanks for asking after me while you're going through your own struggles.
I'm trying to hang in there with the diet and supplements plan, at least until the end of March. Dr. wanted me to try it for at least 60 days. Some improvement, but discouraged from time to time and trying to hang in there is hard!
Thanks again!
Praying for you!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  6:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Keeping you in prayer, Kem and sending you a nice big hug.
I know God is watching over you.

Always be joyful; never stop praying; be thankful in all circumstances.
1Thessalonians 5:16-18
Jenny,
Blessed Farmgirl #4359
FGOM October 2013
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  7:17:38 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay, I have many food issues and if diet is a big part of your challenges I would love to share what has helped my health the most. PM me if you are interested. Not trying to be snoopy, just want to help.
Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and hugs. I appreciate it more than you will ever know. I love the Christian aspect of this forum. It feels warm, fuzzy, and a safe place to be. Jenny, thanks for adding that God is watching over me, tonight I feel him here with me. Such a content feeling.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  04:16:22 AM  Show Profile
I am finally coming around and going to bible study today. My friend is letting me use a professional frequency laser. I think this is helping a lot. It supposedly heals a person twice as fast as usual. Good to be back with the living and not on such strong pain pills. I don't feel like I am living in a fog anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  05:13:01 AM  Show Profile
So glad to hear you're feeling better, Kem. I'm glad you're going to get out to Bible study - it will do your heart a world of good! :) Please go easy on yourself while you continue to mend! Love you, sister! You're still in my prayers! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  06:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I am going to go easy on myself. Woke up at 2:00 and have not been back to sleep yet. I feel a long nap coming on this afternoon.
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Need prayers again Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page