Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  11:07:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey I received my hankies today....prettier than in the picture! I already bought the fabric I want to use with them...now I just need to plan this out!
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  12:29:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, Nancy Jo, you are a bad influence on me . The word "hankies" always gets my attention - my parents both have always used hankies and NEVER tissues - so I went on eBay and ended up bidding on and WINNING six aprons, assorted linens, doilies, an old fashioned sewing box crammed with goodies, and... oh, did I say "bad" influence? I meant "Great" influence! All this while at work! I think they thought I was excited about the project I was working on....

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  1:44:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Susan that is funny! Come to think of it, Nancy got me started on this too! I got five hankies, 1 apron and a set of tea towels! And she was blaming me for getting Her buying books!!!

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  2:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
This thread started on a Friday, so I was offline. But I have to say how much I LOVE EBAY! :) I'm a little kid in a candy store as big as the whole USA!!! Until I found this site, ebay was the only thing I liked about computers. I have collected anything pertaining to a Kentucky author named Annie Fellows Johnston(she wrote a series of girls books about 'the little colonel') all my life. Since I found ebay, I've gotten things I only dreamed about even seeing, let alone owning. I watched a show about ebay on PBS once and I learned how to wait until the last minute, pull my item up on 2 screens(minimize them both) and have one set up to bid at the last second and refresh the other one to see the current bid. Wowzer! I think I have auction fever! :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  3:57:14 PM  Show Profile
Janice,
Good advice, thanks for sharing!
bonnie

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  04:39:51 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to share a picture of the towels I one. They are kinda different, but I thought they were cute. I was really pleased when I received them, the towel is an extra heavy material.

Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  04:51:18 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
How cute, you do know that when you open that drawer they will fall out? OK. I went a little crazy on ebay myself, so when I get the things I won I will post a few pictures. What are you going to do with your new towels once you pick them up off the floor? I have so many pretty things that really serve no purpose but I love them anyway, my kids are going to have a lot of stuff to fight over someday, or maybe they will just give it away, saying what was Mom thinking when she bought this? I can't see your little bears face on the dresser but I bet he is cute, I can however see the sticker on his foot. Did you bid on anything else?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  05:25:31 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, Nancy, Nancy! You make me smile before I head off to the throws of cafeteria land!!! hehe...Yeah they are just hanging out there for now until I get another brilliant idea. There are just Christmas doilies in the top drawer, so they are safe for another week!!
It's a MOOSE on my bureau...I'll have to post some pictures on my blog. Did I ever tell you I have a moose problem????
Bonnie
Yes by the way, I have an apron coming also!

Edited by - Beemoosie on Nov 16 2006 05:26:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  05:44:28 AM  Show Profile
If you want to see hankies used for quilts, check out our own Mollymae's site. That's exactly what she does and they are really cute! Oh no...I just had a terrible thought...you might have been bidding against each other! Well, I expect there's enough to go around for everybody!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  05:45:15 AM  Show Profile
That apron you have comming better not be the christmas apron I was outbid on!!!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  05:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Actually ladies, the two items I bid on had no opposing bids! So maybe they're ugly and noone wanted them!!! LOL Thank you Bramble I will have to check that out.
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  05:58:53 AM  Show Profile
OK, so I went on Ebay and bid on a lot of 25 vintage aprons. This a.m., there's a bidding war going on for them, and it's up to $107!! I'm out. I give up. Will head to Salvation Army later and hopefully find at least one -- and at 90 cents, a bargain!

Also watching a lot of Christmas aprons -- it ends in the next couple of days. Check it out!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  06:02:10 AM  Show Profile
Good luck Katie, Hope you find LOTS of bargains!
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2006 :  11:56:18 AM  Show Profile
I posted a picture of my new apron on my blog. Have a great weekend gals!
Bonnie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I placed some bids on ebay Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page