Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Sewing with a Serger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Sewing with a Serger Next Topic  

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  09:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
I have a very basic Brother serger... and am trying to expand my skills. I tried this weekend to gather using the serger, changing the stitch length and such with no luck. Does anyone else use their basic serger (which is a PIA to thread!) for anything else but serging edges?

Debi

GA Farmgirl #2515

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  10:36:28 AM  Show Profile
I use mine for making round hems, especially for cloth napkins, as well as serging edges, but have not gathered with it yet. When you figure out how to do it, please post! I would love to learn!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lovingewe
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2014 :  4:24:56 PM  Show Profile
I use mine for edging on my smocked bonnets. For sewing together lining, seams that join together and don't need zippers, etc. For making turtle-necks and T-shirts.Can make 7 in an hour! For gathering and lingerie, swimwear. I couldn't live without my serger ( Juki)

www.cherishedelegance.blogspot.ca
Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2014 :  09:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Marlyn,

Would you mind sharing how you use your serger to gather? I have a very basic one... and can not seem to figure it out! Pictures would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Debi

GA Farmgirl #2515
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2014 :  06:54:08 AM  Show Profile
I have a serger, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to thread it. Hopefully, I can get my niece to come help me with it. She is a sewing goddess!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  5:54:43 PM  Show Profile
I bought a serger from Handcock Fabrics and have to take it to them to thread it. I spent hours with no luck. You have to have the hands of a surgeon to thread it. Now the tension is off so I have to take it back as I have no idea how to fix it. Hardly use it because I don't know how to thread or adjust it.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com

~Trust in the Lord...but row away from the rocks~
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Sewing with a Serger Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page