Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  8:16:01 PM  Show Profile
This happens to me every time after Christmas. I miss the cookies, pies and sweet treat I make or friend send to me in the mail. I want more and more. And then my waist line get bigger and bigger.
Anyone have this problem too and what do you do about it?
Javascript:insertsmilie(''))
Janice Vintage Artist

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  9:34:14 PM  Show Profile
oh you betcha! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7630 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7630 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  9:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Yes I am having a hard time with that too. But it tastes so good and it is so bad for me....
hugs

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  5:11:33 PM  Show Profile
I just have to look at my kids and if I say no to them, I've gotta say no to me too! And I've still got a young'n attached most of the time, so no sneakin' for me....drat.

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  7:14:57 PM  Show Profile
A girlfriend/coworker just yesterday brought in some leftover homemade, dark chocolate, brownies... so she cut up the piece real small for everyone to have a taste. As we were all enjoying the sweet stuff somebody said, well be enjoying more chocolate in about 6 weeks (Valentine Day). Today is the first day of no dessert... I think I can make! The rest of the sweet in the break room were eaten or thrown out.

Janice Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page

CynthiaR.
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Cynthia
Madison Conn.
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  5:09:49 PM  Show Profile
i have just jumped on the wagon and taken out all white sugar from my diet because I become addicted to it. it created brain fog for me and greatly interferes with eating good food for my health. I have also given up gluten because I have am hypothyroid and gluten greatly interferes with thyroid health. so I am going day by day. I have some canned peaches when the craving gets bad, but I have to say once I set myself up for those first three days when it is the worst...I have fruit, protein and salads of all kinds including and rice with dried fruit and other veggies, It is easier. it all comes down to organizing yourself. I have three kids, a business and lots of animals so it isn't always easy. I also take a protein shake with organic
as a go to fill me up with good stuff. so you can substitute with other things that are healthy
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  03:42:41 AM  Show Profile
Cynthia, that is usually the plan but dag those brownies sounded real good.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  05:13:39 AM  Show Profile
I have been off of sugar for 5 years because of health issues. I have found that stevia and xylitol are my go to when I get a sweet tooth. I make lemonade with water, stevia, and lemon. It is very good, even the grandkids like it. Sorry to say, I have never found a healthy brownie recipe yet. On pinterest there was a health fudge with cocoa, coconut oil, vanilla, and maybe stevia. It looked good. I was going to try it, but can't have chocolate of any kind. Might look on pinterest for healthy sweets.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Sugar withdrawal Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page