Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please pray for my mom and me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please pray for my mom and me Next Topic  

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  6:26:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi
I need some prayers. My mom was hospitalized over thanksgiving after an intentional overdose. She was released from mental health today to home. I am concerned because I do not feel he is able to handle being discharged yet. My mom has significant mental health issues and aging has not helped this. She feels I am just trying to get her hospitalized or put in a nursing home. My sister and brother have little to no contact with her, so its just me to support her. I know this sounds harsh, but I feel very manipulated. She wants my support when she wants something, but if I tell her I'm concerned she gets defensive and angry. I feel I need to distance myself from the situation, but its so hard, I do not feel I can completely write her off.

Thank you
Denise

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  6:53:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Denise! What a terrible thing to have to deal with. Just know that we are all here for you. I will definitely pray for you and your mom.
Big hug to you!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  7:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Heather! Very much appreciated
Denise
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  7:45:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Denise! I'm so sorry! Lifting you both up in prayers, and hoping you find peace in the midst of the chaos. It's absolutely okay to get your Mom the help she needs, even if she misunderstands. You are only capable of helping her so much without professional help. Sometimes we just have to let go and let God. Go easy on and be kind to yourself. You have a very loving heart. God knows your heart, He will bless you and care for your Mom even if you need to let others care for her and even if she doesn't understand. It's okay. You're a good, loving daughter. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Love to you, sister! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  8:14:22 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. I will pray for you and your mom- for strength, peace and patience with each other. Praying for you friend!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3931 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3931 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  9:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Denise,

Do what you can to get your mom help. Have her add you as a person any medical professionals may talk to about her illness. Find a good therapist for her. Make sure it is someone she trusts. Tell them that she is defensive about her mental health issues. They will understand. Most of all, listen to her and be with her even when she is difficult. I believe that she feels alone and frightened. She needs your strength. It is okay to her unreasonable demands. Let her know that you are not trying to put her away. Tell her that decision is her's when she is ready to make it and you will be there with her. Talk with her therapist about the best ways to approach your mother when she gets depressed or anxious. She needs you more than she knows.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  04:14:11 AM  Show Profile
Ladies thank you for the caring thoughts and prayers.
Denise
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh Denise :( I have no words of wisdom, but know I will be praying for you both!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5079 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5079 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  11:25:34 AM  Show Profile
Denise, you are in my heart and my prayers!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  04:21:11 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much!
I've been calling my mom each day to check in and will see her Saturday. I'm afraid she isn't taking her medication appropriately, but I do not have control over this and I can not miss work to continually check on her. I feel so lost.
Denise
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  11:03:32 AM  Show Profile
Denise - Have you been able to discuss this with her doctor? Maybe they can send someone in like a visiting nurse every few days to check on her? This might help give you more peace of mind. I do know how hard this is, especially when the loved one doesn't want any help from "strangers." Just know God loves you and your Mom more than you can ever understand. He will make a way when there seems to be no way. Love you, sister. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  05:48:48 AM  Show Profile
Yes, a home health nurse might take some of the burden off. If you can negotiate with your mom and say she can stay home if she accepts some help from someone coming in a checking on her might be a great solution for all. Mental illness is a fickle condition and can be like shifting sand, always changing and never knowing what to expect. Get a professional team of experts to help you in this journey with your mom. Take care of yourself and do what you have to do to keep your self sane and your mom safe.

Just a thought...... Sometimes the only thing wrong with people is an imbalance or deficiency of vitamins and minerals. There are studies that a lack of B12 for instance, can cause mental illness symptoms. Maybe it would be worth checking to make sure she does not have a deficiency. If nothing else, it may be adding to her issues.

Sending you Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  11:21:14 AM  Show Profile
Denise....so sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations....my prayers are with you and your mom.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  1:16:23 PM  Show Profile
Denise - I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. I am praying for you and your mother and, as Nini said, I will be hoping that a way will be presented to you. We are all here for you. Sending lots of hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

"A [wo]man is rich in proportion to the number of things which [s]he can afford to let alone." - Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  4:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Denise,
What a difficult situation!
I WILL BE PRAYING!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  9:15:58 PM  Show Profile
I want to thank you all for your support, it means more than I can say. I did spend the morning with my mom, running errands. She was pretty appropriate, which was a blessing. We made plans to get together over Christmas. She saw her therapist and her primary doctor. I do not have a release of information to talk to her doctor, I know due to HIPPA they can not discuss her care with me until she signs a release. She has been keeping me in the loop so to speak. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. Take care.
Denise
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please pray for my mom and me Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page