Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Update and prayers requested
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Update and prayers requested Next Topic  

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  11:30:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! It has finally been decided that I do indeed need surgery to remove one of my adrenal glands, with the mass on it. While this seems like great news, I am scared of my surgeon! She informed me that because I am "so fat and overweight" she is going to have to do a more risky operation and might accidentally injure one of my other organs. She also said how long I am in the hospital will depend on "how good" I am. Unfortunately, she is the only person locally who can do the surgery. We debated going up to MD for the surgery, but are not sure of how the military will work with us. Really really stressed!!! Oh - and because she wants to do it on a Monday so she can have me out my the weekend (she doesn't want to come in), and being I'm so "fat and overweight" (I'm 5'6.5" and weight 215lbs - yes overweight, but the way she was saying it was really degrading), it may be a longer surgery, so she didn't want many other cases - my surgery is not until January 27th :/

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  11:41:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Shannon! Is there any way you can contact your health insurance provider to discuss this situation and see if there is any other alternative with respect to doctors? I am so sorry you are going through this, and really want you to feel comfortable with and confident in your surgeon. How rude and ignorant to speak to you in that manner and to frighten you like that unnecessarily. Some doctors have the worst bedside manner, but in times like this it seems critical to me that you can trust the person caring for you. I would've wanted to kick her in her teeth! Maryland really might be the better option, if they will work with you. She sounds like a doozie... You deserve better. I'll pray for you, don't worry! Love and hugs, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 16 2013 11:41:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5079 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5079 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  12:30:49 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, Bless your heart! Your in my heart and Prayers! HUGS!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  12:45:24 PM  Show Profile
Shannon,
That's awful!!! Surgery is scary enough without worrying about the surgeon too!! I pray that you are able to find a surgeon that makes you comfortable and will take good care of you.
As a side note to bring you a smile - I'm wearing my cow apron right now :) Cookies are in the oven!
Hugs to you and your family!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  2:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Shannon,

I am so sorry for this person's attitude and disrespect as well as everything that you and your family have been going through.

Heavenly Father,
I lift up Shannon to You and pray Father that You would remove any anxiety and stress over this situation. I ask that You would calm her heart and grant her peace. Father I also ask that if it is Your will that You would heal her completely. I also ask that You would grant her strength and her family also. I pray this in Jesus' name...Amen.

Shannon,
A couple of verse for you: Isaiah 26:3, Philippians 4:6-8.
Hang in there sweetie!

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  4:28:09 PM  Show Profile
Dear Shannon,
January 27th is quite a while away. Use that time, starting today or tomorrow morning, to try to find a doctor who you can feel comfortable with. This woman may be an excellent surgeon, but her bed-side manner is atrocious! Even if she feels there is more risk because of weight it was not kind and caring for her to speak to you in that way.
Monday is as good as any other day, and probably better than later in the week if a surgeon has long days and is more tired later in the week, but she didn't need to again find it an opportunity to alarm you. I'd like to know I would be out before a weekend because there may be fewer staff available, that is reasonable. But "because she wants the weekend off" is not something that was encouraging.
I will be praying for you, your successful surgery and your peace of mind.
Please keep us informed.
Hugs,
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  4:34:47 PM  Show Profile
Honestly, I think part of the issue is she feels extremely superior. She has this attitude of superiority - like I am just a stupid stay-at-home mom of 6, because I'm ignorant and have no education, etc, whereas she went to medical school, became a surgeon, etc. There are times I would love to look at her and inform her that I was an RN, and have y pre-med degree, but CHOSE to have children and stay home with them.

I meet with my primary care doctor on the 23rd and will talk with her about getting referred to Johns Hopkins. I think I'll call them in the meantime and see how soon they could get me in.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  10:32:29 AM  Show Profile
Talked with my hubby last night - he has agreed that we need to go elsewhere. Soooooo..... called my endocrinologist and he said yes, to go to Johns Hopkins. Also called my PCM to get the referral in. My biggest concern for going up there is being able to nurse my baby (almost 6 months old) and take care of the rest of our children (ages 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2).
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3075 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3075 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  07:44:18 AM  Show Profile
Still praying for you. Glad to hear you're going somewhere else where you'll feel more confident with your surgeon.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5079 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5079 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  07:59:05 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am glad your going somewhere else! There is no excuse for that Dr's Behavior! Our family will continue to pray for you, Bless your heart! and for your husband and your children. Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  5:15:12 PM  Show Profile
Shannon I am also glad you going somewhere else. No one should put up with her nonsense. It sounds like to me. She thinks life revolves around her. It doesn't !
Praying for you Sister!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  11:08:28 AM  Show Profile
So, so, SO glad to hear your hubby is in agreement that you should see someone else, Shannon. Especially thrilled to hear you are going to Johns Hopkins. My brother had to go there for a very scary surgery on his pituitary this past year.. They not only saved his life, but turned his life around! He has never felt better and has an amazing prognosis! With the help of God, miracles happened, and after the surgery his body healed in ways that they had thought were not possible! So, you just trust in God and let Him lead you to the right surgeon. I know you will feel so much better once you see someone who really knows what they are doing and cares. I have every confidence that good things are coming your way! I just want to celebrate for you and with you because of this great news! YAY! God love and bless you! And I am praying in agreement with Sharon - she has the BEST prayers! God has everything under control - see?! Hugs and love - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  11:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you and all that is on your plate at this time. It is good that you are going to Johns Hopkins. You will do well and be back to mothering all your little ones soon.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Update and prayers requested Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page