Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Pine needle therapy Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2013 :  9:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Lately, I've been experiencing lots of respiratory and sinus problems--I hate to take medicine so I decided to try a gentler approach. I borrowed a pine branch from my neighbor's yard, and removed the needles and put them in a big pot of boiling water. I inhaled the sweet aroma of the pine needles. Now I seem to be breathing easier. I don't know how long the effects last, but it's a lot more comforting than taking a pill. I read about it in the winter issue of Herb Quarterly.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2013 :  9:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Glad your feeling better! Seems logical that pine would be a decongestant. It's amazing at how the old remedies are sometimes the best remedies!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2013 :  1:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Ooh, that sounds nice! Kind of like a rosemary steam. I'll bet it make the kitchen smell great, too. I think I'll try that -- and I don't even have a sinus problem! Thanks :)
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Pine needle therapy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page